Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a huge difference when it comes to the year model
I know they bumped motor from 1130 to 1250
I know they changed the tires from 180 to 240
Added a slilpper clutch
Not sure if pre-08 models had brembo brakes
Any other changes other than the mentioned ones that I should be aware of...Any known/prone problems of 2007 or any recalls

Now If I plan to purchase a 2007 VRSCDX how much would it take to add slipper clutch & do I need to change out the entire swingarm to go bigger?
How much $$$ would I take for such setup

What do I need to do for performance upgrade & how much $$$ should I be looking to drop

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Is there a huge difference when it comes to the year model
I know they bumped motor from 1130 to 1250 Correct
I know they changed the tires from 180 to 240 - Wrong -2007 DX has the 240 tire
Added a slilpper clutch
Not sure if pre-08 models had brembo brakes 2007 DX has Brembos
Any other changes other than the mentioned ones that I should be aware of...Any known/prone problems of 2007 or any recalls

Now If I plan to purchase a 2007 VRSCDX how much would it take to add slipper clutch & do I need to change out the entire swingarm to go bigger? No need to change swingarm - Slipper clutch is about $200 and no big deal to change yourself if you have some skills
How much $$$ would I take for such setup

What do I need to do for performance upgrade & how much $$$ should I be looking to drop

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for correcting me
I did a wiki on 2007 vrscdx and it says that 2007 was the slowest vrod to be ever produced compared to other years...
Is this true? if so what is the reason for this?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
thanks for correcting me
I did a wiki on 2007 vrscdx and it says that 2007 was the slowest vrod to be ever produced compared to other years...
Is this true? if so what is the reason for this?
Most likely as it had the frame widened (added weight) and the 240 tire (added weight) and only had the 1130cc.com. It would be the heaviest V Rod with the 1130cc motor..

·
Rollin' On Down
237 Posts
@ stomper...lol at your spell check, "only had the 1130cc.com".

Btw, see you on the road once the weather ever gets warm around here...

·
"Reaper"
603 Posts
I have the 07 and it uses DOT4 fluid and it's plenty fast enough IMO! I'm very happy with it!

·
Cycletek
20 Posts
I have an 07 and have the 1250 in it and the 240. I was told that they went to the bigger motor close to the 08's coming out.

·
VRSC est -03
2,582 Posts
Zumbito.
Yours a 2008 year model, stock the 1250 engine, abs optional, voltage regultor relocated to lower part of radiator front shield. 2007 also 240 tire, non abs and 1130 engine except the SE model (1400 ex) which came with 1250 engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts