Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2007 vrscdx have trans oil or does the engine oil lubercate the trans. I sent the old lady to town to pick up some oil at HD and they got her to buy trans oil also. If this is needed we're do I drain and fill it up.

·
"Vrod King"
932 Posts
Make sure you get the correct oil. Some have fiction modifiers that will screw up the clutch plates.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Its a SIN that # 3 Oil -

They probably sold you that SYN 3 Citgo oil - if you got it in ya take that crap back ( keep the filter ) and get Motul, Mobil 1 or Amsoil 20/50 MOTORCYCLE Rated Oil and join the club of better shifting / best protected V Rod Revolution engines. :D

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
They probably sold you that SYN 3 Citgo oil - if you got it in ya take that crap back ( keep the filter ) and get Motul, Mobil 1 or Amsoil 20/50 MOTORCYCLE Rated Oil and join the club of better shifting / best protected V Rod Revolution engines. :D
Agree. I would not use SYN3 period. It's not a full syn, overprised and will not hold a big twin trans together. Amsoil will. Not pushing Ams, just saying there are better oils.
Ron

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
That's a good one Ron, I can hear the ditzy former Mc'Ds parts guy now - " You want a fried clutch with that or what ? " :) I try to avoid the new parts guys at our dealership - they don't know anything, turn over faster than you can keep track of them and they probably don't get paid as good as fast food workers. Too Bad. The parts manager and one other older guy are who I deal with they really know their stuff. H-D SYN3 oil is just a profit center for the dealers - they try to brainwash everyone into thinking that's the only really approved and best H-D oil. Hogwash. Pun intended. :blahblah: :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.