Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice the Akropovic exhaust states 2009 and up.
Does any one know?
Is the only reason for this is that the Akropovic has the bungs for the O2 sensors and '07 does not have 02 sensors? If that is the case, I'm thinking I can just get 02 sensor plugs if I want to use this exhaust.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I notice the Akropovic exhaust states 2009 and up.
Does any one know?
Is the only reason for this is that the Akropovic has the bungs for the O2 sensors and '07 does not have 02 sensors? If that is the case, I'm thinking I can just get 02 sensor plugs if I want to use this exhaust.
Thanks.
It says 09 and up because the Muscle came out in 09 not so much related to the O2 sensors. I believe 08 was the first year for them. The exhaust fits both with the mounting provided so likely why the 09 date was used. The exhaust comes with 02 plugs anyway but unless you use a sniffer and tuning software there will be no way to tune it well. You will be stuck with canned maps in that case. Only other differences would be maybe frame dimensions at the mount and exhaust port gaskets between the 1130 and 1250. I'm sure I've seen this pipe on 1130ccs before so it can be done without any huge issues.. Hopefully someone here has done it and knows for sure.
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts