Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an -07 nrs but with the 1250cc engine so my question is do i go with a 07 PCV or the 08 PCV as the 1250cc engines started with the -08 models ?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I have an -07 nrs but with the 1250cc engine so my question is do i go with a 07 PCV or the 08 PCV as the 1250cc engines started with the -08 models ?
Thanks in advance.
I'm not seeing any real physical differences between the 15-002 or the 15-026. Hell even both are PTI capable. Just whatever cal you load into it. I'd contact DJ and talk to Keith. As an example a but here us using a 15-002 on a 15 Muscle set up for PTI and a late model cal. DJ actually supplied the early version and not the latest 15-026, which it's technically suppose to be. I could be wrong but my limited PCV knowledge says either will work. Just load the right calibration but get that second opinion from DJ.
Ron

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'm not seeing any real physical differences between the 15-002 or the 15-026. Hell even both are PTI capable. Just whatever cal you load into it. I'd contact DJ and talk to Keith. As an example a but here us using a 15-002 on a 15 Muscle set up for PTI and a late model cal. DJ actually supplied the early version and not the latest 15-026, which it's technically suppose to be. I could be wrong but my limited PCV knowledge says either will work. Just load the right calibration but get that second opinion from DJ.
Ron
Agree. Pretty sure if I remember correctly when I bought mine it was S/H and was listed as 07 on but the seller contacted DJ and they said that it would fit my 03 without any problem which it did. Begs the question why different numbers if they interchange?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Agree. Pretty sure if I remember correctly when I bought mine it was S/H and was listed as 07 on but the seller contacted DJ and they said that it would fit my 03 without any problem which it did. Begs the question why different numbers if they interchange?
Makes no sense to me either. As I see it , any PCV will work, just load the cal for your bike. The only thing I've found is if you order a PTI specifically, they hard wire the MAP sensor wire internally and have the pigtail hanging out. All PCV are pressure capable. You just build and load the pressure cal you want. Only difference is you externally tap into the port. Big deal . The Autotune units fit all of them PCV as well and this includes the old single units you can double up on. They say the unit needs to be set for #1 cyl but in fact #1 gets assigned with it being the first slot plug in. Dealing with DJ can be frustrating to say the least. It's like I'm only going to give you so much info, so fk off and leave me alone.🤣 One episode we suspected the AT unit was reading the wrong cyl, which it was but they said no way until we unhooked the one sensor and proved via vid the rear was making trims in the front. Response was , likely a label error, but they agreed in the end.
Ron

·
Registered
197 Posts
I went thru similar a year or so ago. Talking with dj, the difference between the 2 has to do with EPA regulations. Dont recall exactly, but I ended up with the one for early models (mine is a 15) and, other than the V calling no.1 the rear, and big twins the front is no.1. THAT screwed me up for a week or so......
But to answer you, either will work.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts