Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just joined the forum. I'm purchasing a 2007 night rod special and I was hoping to get a little info on some aftermarket goodies. For exhausts I've been considering the Dan Moto, D&D fat cat and CFR. As far as tuners possibly power commander v or Vance and Hines fuel pak. I may want to add performance cams a bit later on after trying out the bike with pipe, tuner and K&N. I was also wondering about cornering clearance and which pipe might offer the most, not that it has an abundance to begin with. I've been riding the naked performance bikes for a while now and I just don't want take away the clearance that the bike already has. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations you guys have to offer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the gang!

Go with the Power Commander. It is a more universal tuner and you will be able to find more maps for it. After you do your mods, be sure to spend the money for a dyno tune. Canned is ok but nothing is as good as a dyno session.

As far as exhaust goes, the Danmoto is decent but loud. None of the pipes will give you bonus clearance but it shouldnt be much of an issue unless you are doing a lot of twisty right handers.

Be sure to check out the Nighrod section for more information than you ever wanted.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the gang!

Go with the Power Commander. It is a more universal tuner and you will be able to find more maps for it. After you do your mods, be sure to spend the money for a dyno tune. Canned is ok but nothing is as good as a dyno session.

As far as exhaust goes, the Danmoto is decent but loud. None of the pipes will give you bonus clearance but it shouldnt be much of an issue unless you are doing a lot of twisty right handers.

Be sure to check out the Nighrod section for more information than you ever wanted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went with the cfr exhaust and cfr tuner... the cfr tuner is not as good as a power commander but was easy to install and already had a default setting for the exhaust. I tried some of the settings other riders were using but it just seemed to take power from one spot and add it to another. If you are planning on other engine mods def go with the pcv or twin tech.. the sound is loud so if you live next to a retirement community might want to get something different.. it is a nice throaty rumble if thats what you are looking for... i def didnt gain any clearance with it but dont feel i lost any either... the exhaust is a slip-on so its super easy to install...between the tuner pipe and filter it definitely had a noticeable power gain... here is an article on it https://www.hotbikeweb.com/exhaust-and-fueler-achieving-power-sound-look-hot-bike-tech

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.