Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some info on installing shoulder height or slightly higher apes. such as who makes the throttle cable brake lines hydraulic clutch cable wiring harness ETC. or do you have to fabricate your own? can you use existing riser? all INFO on this is greatly appreciated. also help and comments.
Model 2007 night rod special.
Also with stock risers some one 6' tall bars (apes) 16" 18" any ideas for shoulder height or slightly higher?

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
One of the employees at Latus Motors has 16" or 18" apes on his DX, so if all else fails you could call them and ask for Johnny Mac. I know he had to have some of the lines made custom to make it work.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
screw to see if he can make lines, i want to see pics man. i have a dx and love apes but dont have them and would never put them on the bike, but i HAVE TO SEE THIS.. and theres a guy with a night rod just the regular boring one, with apes, and its frickin sweet..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Either this month or last month's issue of one of the many motorcycle magazines, maybe Robs Report, I dunno, but I know in the last month or so there was an article on someone who put on some apes and a springer front end, changed the headlite and all sorts of other mods to his V-rod. No matter what the opinion or general concensus of thumbs up or down concerning apes and or springer front ends on a v-rod,...well, they did end up with a smooth flowing V-rod.
And no, when I finally git mah "R" I ain't gonna extend the inverted 6 inches..

"Just imagine, after all these years of all sorts of chit coming between us and we are still together..
" :kiss:
One butt cheek to the other.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have phone #? THANKS

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
nightrod81 said:
and theres a guy with a night rod just the regular boring one, ..
Those be fighting words. Just because we have color options don't be a hater.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
lol i was jus playin around i guess you caught the hook LOL .. nahh i was gonna git one but had to have the fat tire.

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
nightrod81 said:
screw to see if he can make lines, i want to see pics man. i have a dx and love apes but dont have them and would never put them on the bike, but i HAVE TO SEE THIS.. and theres a guy with a night rod just the regular boring one, with apes, and its frickin sweet..

Regular boring one? WTF?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
oh my god, cant you people read into a joke.. i said it was a joke calm down.. the dx's are boring as hell. thats why you have to buy one and put about 6 grand into extras to make it stand out.. you gu ys have it lucky actually, have more chrome and silver and such to make it pop.

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
nightrod81 said:
oh my god, cant you people read into a joke.. i said it was a joke calm down.. the dx's are boring as hell. thats why you have to buy one and put about 6 grand into extras to make it stand out.. you gu ys have it lucky actually, have more chrome and silver and such to make it pop.
I told ya those were fighting words. :spank:

No problem though, I know it was all in good fun. Everyone knows that the NightRod is the reason why the V family is alive and kicking today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts