Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Orange,Black,Chrome!
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends is selling his car and asked me if I could mention it to my V-Rod buddies. Since we tend to be speed freaks and I know several members are into Mustang's, I figured I'd post the link to his ad, in case anyone is interested.

I've helped him do some of the work on the car and he's also let me drive it. I can tell you that its damn fast and sounds pretty awesome. If I were in the position to, I would seriously consider buying it.

He's asking $25K OBO.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/fsbo_search.jsp?affiliateadid=2912927&affiliate=national

Thanks.

Attachments

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
myneed4speed said:
Does the car have any issues with emissions in VA?
his mods:
blacked out badges BBK chrome shorty headers Bassani Catted Xpipe w/hi flo cats Summit bullet mufflers/resonators MAC mufflers K&N CAI SCT X Cal II tuner Brenspeed 87/93 race/93 torque tunes Spohn adjustable poly/rod LCAs BMR LCA relocation brackets Steeda ProAction shocks/struts Steeda Sport Springs [about 1 inch drop] Edelbrock strut tower brace Adjustable sway bar Steeda G-Trac brace [between Aarms] Evolution 'Block It' 4 season Car Cover also included.
the bbk shorties and bassani setup should be 100% emissions legal. just an FYI

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
any time

·
Orange,Black,Chrome!
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plus he has a place in Maryland which is where it is registered. They are nowhere near as strict as Virgina is.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
f.matthew.2 said:
Plus he has a place in Maryland which is where it is registered. They are nowhere near as strict as Virgina is.

Can u say "sleeper", nice ride I bet it scoots!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
ohioVROD said:
i thought a sleeper was something fast that looks stock... this doesnt have enough mods to be much faster than stock.. maybe 15-20hp

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
i thought a sleeper was something fast that looks stock... this doesnt have enough mods to be much faster than stock.. maybe 15-20hp

Sorry Mr Obvious! :notworth:

·
Orange,Black,Chrome!
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ohioVROD said:
I'm no Mustang expert, but I can tell you that it's one of the faster cars that I've driven. If you were going to race it, I'm sure it would need modifying but for running around town or making a trip to the store for eggs, I bet most people would find it plenty zippy. Thanks venomous, though, for keeping my thread humble.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
sorry.... this is the badest mustang I have ever seen! I wish I had the cash I would snatch it up imediately and re-sell it for much more! Great buy![/sarcasm]

bottom line is... its a very nice car. It has great parts on it (I too run bassani stuff), it is tastefully done, it probably runs really god for waht it is, and for all that you still get a car that probably gets close to 19 MPG scooting around town. I wasnt trying to take the car down a peg, just simply stating what it is. If someone bought that car thinking it made 400hp then got it home they would be pretty pissd about it, at least they would know EXACTLY what they were getting and be more than pleased with their purchase. Plus I might add that I have an 88 car, an 01 cobra, and sold my 96 car, and these new body style cars ride better than ANY of them!

·
Orange,Black,Chrome!
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its all good. You obviously have a lot more knowledge about this being a Mustang owner yourself, so I appreciate the honesty.

Since I have no real experience with them other than riding in my friends 80's style very slow, tired, and stock Mustang back in college and driving this car, a few weeks ago, you can probably imagine the difference in my impressions.

I guess I probably should have said that of the several cars I've driven (most of them boring and slow) I was very surprised at how fast it was and how much of a growl it had. It may be an odd comparison, but I actually thought it was the closest sensation to the V-Rod that I had ever felt in cage.

With that being said, my guess is, in the Mustang crowd that races, this would probably be described as a car with a lot of potential. Part of the reason he's selling it is because he bought a 90's style mustang to turn into a complete track car. I think he was coming to the conclusion that to turning this new one into a track car would be pretty expensive and most likely make it so he could'nt drive it to work anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts