Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally posted a stage 1 question and that was answered, think I already have all of that done. Here is my current setup:

2007 VRSCDX
Topless w/ K&N air filter
Force Street fighter pipes
Screaming Eagle Race Tuner
Boss-Noss 2-30hp nozzles = 60HP w/ BN Tuner
Slipper Clutch
Arnott Air Ride
260 Rear Tire

I would like to do the 26t Pulley but I've been told that wasn't the greatest idea with the BN system. Is the 26t pulley safe with this set up once the stage 2 is done?

My question now is what do I need for the stage 2 kit? What cams are everyone using? These 30076-09? Also what 58mm throttle body is recommended and tested? Lastly should I go with the destroyer injectors?

Once all of this is done is it going to hurt to still be running a 60hp shot of nitrous? Thanks for all the info, bike is in the shop now I might want to get this done while it's still there so the info is much appreciated!!

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
I originally posted a stage 1 question and that was answered, think I already have all of that done. Here is my current setup:

2007 VRSCDX
Topless w/ K&N air filter
Force Street fighter pipes
Screaming Eagle Race Tuner
Boss-Noss 2-30hp nozzles = 60HP w/ BN Tuner
Slipper Clutch
Arnott Air Ride
260 Rear Tire

I would like to do the 26t Pulley but I've been told that wasn't the greatest idea with the BN system. Is the 26t pulley safe with this set up once the stage 2 is done?

My question now is what do I need for the stage 2 kit? What cams are everyone using? These 30076-09? Also what 58mm throttle body is recommended and tested? Lastly should I go with the destroyer injectors?

Once all of this is done is it going to hurt to still be running a 60hp shot of nitrous? Thanks for all the info, bike is in the shop now I might want to get this done while it's still there so the info is much appreciated!!
I think you have most of these questions answered, as for the 26T pulley, it will give you a little punch at launching your bike and will make the shifts "shorter"since the engine will reach higer revs quicker with the smaller pulley. Are you in for drag racing? Go for the 26T... Long Rides? Don't do it.

As for the NOS, the combination of the 26T pulley and the 60 HP NOS injection will ake the bike a little more vulnerable to be unstable spinning the tire when launching and/or shifting IMHO... Anyways, unless you are a hell of a drag racer, I think that under no circumstances you should try to get off the line (launch) or spray in first gear with the 60HP shot (with whatever pulley you have, but worse if you have the 26T) without a NOS controller (which makes the NOS injection gradual), since you'll have a VERY unstable bike and you can seriously hurt yourself.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts