Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my DX with some mods i have been working on,Installed the Rinehart 2-1 After Jethot Coated,K&N Filter Topless,PC111,put on some Works Performance Black Tarackers 12" along with Progressive standard lenght springs,moved the forks up the trees 1" and filled with Belray 15 weight oil,powdercoated the rear pulley,axle covers and swingarm caps,changed the pegs out with Kuryakyn Switchblades & powdercoated the controls,put on a set of Performance Machine Renthal Grips and had the levers coated black also,had a set of aluminum spacers for the bars made up to bring them up just enough and coated the bars while apart,overall i love the bike,the upgrades in suspension and power made it even better,next up will be a set of ME 880's along with a 1 piece custom seat,this forum is great and so are the members,this is my first V Rod after many air head bikes,the info & knowedge is unbelievable here,could not of completed as welll without,many thanks.

Attachments

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Looks good, how do those foot pegs work for you? Though about picking up a pair for mine but haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
F**KING AWESOME BIKE!!! Ummm... where are your front blinkers????

·
Registered
229 Posts
Janne90 said:
Godd looking tasteful improvements !
Where did you buy the pivot and rear axle covers ?
Good question. My DX didn't come with rear axle covers either.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
I think those are standard issue HD rear axle covers. They only come in chrome, so I'm betting he had them pc'd.

Nice looking ride, Blackgold! I love the pipes!!!:notworth:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nightmare is correct,there std. issue HD items,then coated,same as the swingarm caps,working on relocating & installing different blinkers,not sure what im going with yet,anybody got ideas on different mirriors.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
looks fantastic!!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Blackgold said:
Nightmare is correct,there std. issue HD items,then coated,same as the swingarm caps,working on relocating & installing different blinkers,not sure what im going with yet,anybody got ideas on different mirriors.
But they don't come with the bike itself, correct?

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Outf*ckingstanding!!!!!

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Nicely done. You didn't change anything drastically and take away from the theme. Nice looking bike. One of the best looking DX's I've seen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That looks great man. I just got some stuff powder coated for my DX as well. I havent found the part number yet but I have to get some new bushings for the brake, shifter and hand levers. Did you have to get new bushings as well?

Also I like those grips, first blacked-out grips that I have seen that I actually like. I bought the aviator grips but I havent installed them yet... hmm...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts