Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
06 RED TURBO SE2
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance to any one that may be able to help. I am trying to tune my 2006 VRSCSE2 fuel mapping. I am running Vmoded pipes, topless with an SE Air filter. The SERT is a great tool and I have tried a few different maps for different pipe configurations. Bike runs great through the mid range and top end but is lacking a little in the bottom end with quite a bit of popping on decel. It loves the fuel right now but I am not concerned with mileage - a fast bike = happy rider. If anyone may have had luck with similiar set up with a map that worked well for them it would be gret to try it.:notworth:
Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have you tried an SE 16 gauge map? This may work for you. PM me your email and I will email it to you. This map was the strongest my SE2 has ever run.

·
Registered
258 Posts
indianaaubie said:
Have you tried an SE 16 gauge map? This may work for you. PM me your email and I will email it to you. This map was the strongest my SE2 has ever run.

Have you posted it in the map files sticky????

·
Registered
174 Posts
It wasn't my map. It was emailed to me by another forum member. I figured if he wanted it posted he would have posted it. I'll be glad to email to anyone but it is not mine to post.

·
06 RED TURBO SE2
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran the map yesterday, it ran very smooth through the bottom end. I think that I may have lost some mid range power though. I am going out again today to try some highway riding. I was running one of srods maps and my bike ran great after 4000 rpm, it was very radical at anything before that and would stall easily when taking off. I would have to take off with bike rpms between 2500 and 3000 rpm to get a nice launch at lights. Where as the map I am running noe has no issues taking off at 1800 - 2000 rpm. When running srods map I could break the back tire loose in 1st and 2nd gear with great ease.:notworth: I am guessing that at some point I will have to find a happy medium or get away from the shiny stock pipes and go with a 2-1 V&H. I guess getting dyno tuned would be the way to go as well. The dealership I have localy seems to be a good dealer but they just dont sell or work on many VRODS and they have been good enough to admit this. The closest trustworthy tuner seems to be a few hours away. So hopefuly I can get my bike to my liking by trying a few different configs. Being a big fan of power really gets in the way of riding sometimes - but I guess thats what being a guy is all about.

·
VRSCX #395
206 Posts
maybe interpolate the 2 maps, with srods map as the base(i assume it has a better timing curve) and changing the a/f under 4000rpm with the new map?
i dont know if it works like that but maybe someone can help us guys (please)with 1250's and vmods as there are no maps,and no decent tuner in my state that i know off.

·
06 RED TURBO SE2
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK I put on just over a 150 miles yesterday and the ACES map ran great:D Still has decel poping and the odd backfire but all in all I am happy with the performance. The great thing about the sert is the fact that it can be tweaked many times to make a guy happy. The poor thing is the fact that I need to be schooled a little in the art of tuning. This forum is a great place to learn and I would like to thank all those people out there for sharing their knowledge.:ride:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts