Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What price would you offer for a 2006 Street Rod with $12,000 of accessories including a custom paint job, PM wheels and rotors, shocks and springs, new exhaust, custom seat and much more? Bike has 120 miles on it.

This was built as a show bike and obviously was never ridden.

Thanks for your input.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
What price would you offer for a 2006 Street Rod with $12,000 of accessories including a custom paint job, PM wheels and rotors, shocks and springs, new exhaust, custom seat and much more? Bike has 120 miles on it.

Thanks for your input.
$12k in accessories and 120 miles on it? Is this at a dealer?

·
Registered
527 Posts

Thanks for your input.
Ignore the $12K in extras and use the value of the bike. The add-ons and paint are worthless.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
399 Posts
A stock bike with a few factory or high quality EASILY REVERSIBLE mods is worth more than a truckload of inflated bolt on crap and custom paint. You have no idea if everything was even done right. Worthless it is.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts

Thanks for your input.
It is impossible to put $12,000 worth of accessories on a V-Rod. It is easy to waste that much on crap.

I'd offer ~$8-9K, 'bout what you can buy another one for, without all the crap.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Ignore the $12K in extras and use the value of the bike. The add-ons and paint are worthless.
I agree in principal. However, everybody that looks at a used bike or buys one always boasts about the $600 exhaust, $300 tuner, $1200 paint job ect., ect., that is "already installed" or "thrown in". :D

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Sounds like someone is trying to get rid of a bunch of accessories they had lying around for years and then try to pass the whole mess off as a "custom".

I'd say all that crap calls for a discount, not a premium.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
7500. 5 year old bike. Needs tires and a battery, at least. Some one spent too much for nothing. Good luck. We can probably get it unscrewed for you. Post up when you get it. Joe

·
Registered
399 Posts
I agree in principal. However, everybody that looks at a used bike or buys one always boasts about the $600 exhaust, $300 tuner, $1200 paint job ect., ect., that is "already installed" or "thrown in". :D
Boast after purchase, denigrate before. I laugh at the bike ads with huge lists of added accessories, all itemized. Then it usually states something like: "Over 30K invested,sacrifice for 18K OBO". Not a great investment by most measures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts