Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Keep up Man! Geez.
1,006 Posts
CPTJAM said:
I frequently get up off the seat, for hard bumps, rr tracks, potholes. It is a real back saver. Joe
Me too.
Sometimes I just stand-up on the 'R' for a nice stretch.

·
Premium Member
10,815 Posts
BrianVRSCR said:
Maybe you are a humorous smart ass?????:stilpoke: :hidesbeh:

What happened to Dave? Is he not on here anymore?

His name is X ST Rod he is from Chicago see thread below
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33001
Thanks! I have total recall, just no same day service!! I knew you knew, and that guys bike is in your tier!:D Joe

·
rossIII
99 Posts
hiway pegs

HERE is what I did;go to JP cycles get 2 magnum claps, 2 xtentions and a pair of your choice of pegs. they fit on the frame just above the front bend on the exuast. then you have pegs to stretch out on the freeway and the mid mounts for coners. everytime i run into another street rod the owner always complments me on the set up. just my :2cents: its the best of both worlds, and no they can't hit in the coners just to answer the devils advocates in advance.

·
electric soup
747 Posts
rossIII said:
HERE is what I did;go to JP cycles get 2 magnum claps, 2 xtentions and a pair of your choice of pegs. they fit on the frame just above the front bend on the exuast. then you have pegs to stretch out on the freeway and the mid mounts for coners. everytime i run into another street rod the owner always complments me on the set up. just my :2cents: its the best of both worlds, and no they can't hit in the coners just to answer the devils advocates in advance.

Got any part no's for the clamps and extentions? Any pictures?

·
Keep up Man! Geez.
1,006 Posts
:stupid:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Maybe this isn't the best time to tell you about the ape-hangers and 36" chrome sissybar I just installed on my R. :D

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
scottish R said:
:them:

·
rossIII
99 Posts
clamps/pics

sorry but i don't have a digital camera. when i get one i'll post some pics. the clamps are the inch and half ones for the boss hoss and the xtentions are from kurkeyan (or how ever the hell you spell it)

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
Seriously anyone want to sale their mid controls since they have changed to forward contorls? Shipping to 23703. Let me know??

·
Bad ride inside
509 Posts
Ive had back surgery on l2 s4 and I ride mid mounts with "mini ape like bars" im comfy as can be no problems luve them mids.

·
rossIII
99 Posts
boostinbaja said:
Ive had back surgery on l2 s4 and I ride mid mounts with "mini ape like bars" im comfy as can be no problems luve them mids.
i would like to see a picture of those mini apes on your street rod dude. i love anything original.

·
rossIII
99 Posts
pctures

here are pictures of my hiway pegs. i know they are a little high you can lower them on your bike, but i like to coner hard and wanted to remove any chances of them hitting when they are out(folded down). i mostly use them when i go on long rides with my wife. she has very long legs and she will use my stock pegs and i will use the front pegs on the highway. i just know i am going to get some niddling nanny that will post how dangerous that is, but all i can say is find me someone else that is 37 and has 33 years ALWAYS on motorcycles(YZinger 50 at age 4, xlcr1000 bought1987 and still own) and i will value your caring about my riding. sorry but it seems like evertime someone post something lately people are just waiting to nick pick.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fellow Vrodders:
You just saved me from making an expensive mistake, trading in my 2006 VRSCR for a Night Rod to get the forward controls. I too have long legs and short arms. After highway pegs on the engine guards, I might look a new handlebars. Possibly a custom seat for long trips.
Thanks
GreenGoblin, Houston, TX- 2006 Street Rod, K&N air filter

·
Premium Member
10,815 Posts
rossIII said:
here are pictures of my hiway pegs. i know they are a little high you can lower them on your bike, but i like to coner hard and wanted to remove any chances of them hitting when they are out(folded down). i mostly use them when i go on long rides with my wife. she has very long legs and she will use my stock pegs and i will use the front pegs on the highway. i just know i am going to get some niddling nanny that will post how dangerous that is, but all i can say is find me someone else that is 37 and has 33 years ALWAYS on motorcycles(YZinger 50 at age 4, xlcr1000 bought1987 and still own) and i will value your caring about my riding. sorry but it seems like evertime someone post something lately people are just waiting to nick pick.
Brilliant! Exactly what I need. You got all of this from J&P? If you happen to have part numbers, great! If not, I can probably figure it out. I just want a place to move my feet to on long rides. Problem solved! :D Thanks! V/R Joe

·
electric soup
747 Posts
scottish R said:

ross111........thanks for the info and pics, got a long trip planned for June this year and was looking for a quick on/off solution to stretching my legs out.......and you have provided it.

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
rossIII said:
here are pictures of my hiway pegs...QUOTE]

Very cool, RossIII!
Innovative and CUSTOM too! :angeldev:
I was looking for a way to stretch out my legs on long trips without having to put an engine guard on the 'R for highway pegs.

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
rossIII said:
want to sale your mid controls

41 - 60 of 103 Posts