Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

2006 (?) VRSCR for sale

4K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Ceigenberger 
Might just be moisture not yet burned off in the exhaust - don't think they would sell a bike with bad head gaskets - crack in the block is very unlikely, plus no water in the engine cases, but '07's had the black wheels as well - they are extremely rare only seen two for sale in last 5 years when I almost bought a blue one for $ 10,500, wish I had !! 😢

Amazing to find one ! That '07 is a Unicorn for sure, high price about the same as the one I looked at in Blue 5 years ago - someone that appreciates the '07 needs to pick that baby up and show her some love !! (y) :cool:

So the blue one you looked at had the center spoke area black as well?
Oh yea Denim blue, black hubs & spokes, upper fork tubes and frame. Didn't prefer the black frame, though it did look great with the Denim blue - I like the silver exo skeleten frame look on my '06 R better, plus the bike was 600 miles closer to my back door - but that '07 will probably be worth more long term since it's so rare - minor regret - (y) :cool:

My solution ( best on a cycle jack so you can spin both wheels but doable on the driveway if you roll the bike ) is to wipe shiny R Model aluminum wheel rim sections with WD40 or Wax to protect them, then spray dirty spokes & hub with S100 Cycle cleaner, let it soak, clean with a tooth brush and/or a brass brush ( aluminum safe ) and spray off with water. ride around block to dry & polish /wax aluminum part of wheels. Works great. Eventually I'll powder coat my wheel spokes black, grey etc. but even then they need a gentle cleaning to remove brake dust. You'll never escape occasional cleaning. Low dust ceramic pads will help a bit next brake pad change. (y) :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.