Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this ad for what is listed as a 2006 VRSCR, at a very good price:

It has a black frame, baseplate, backrest and rear rack that would be more consistent with the uncommon 2007 model, but the airbox cover looks to be from a 2006 from the side graphics. But did 2006s come in black? Interested to read what others think. Thanks!

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did some online searching and I’m betting someone here has an identical black 2006 with color matched accessories. Given this, making the orange and black 2007s would not have been very difficult.

· Premium Member
3,298 Posts
Might just be moisture not yet burned off in the exhaust - don't think they would sell a bike with bad head gaskets - crack in the block is very unlikely, plus no water in the engine cases, but '07's had the black wheels as well - they are extremely rare only seen two for sale in last 5 years when I almost bought a blue one for $ 10,500, wish I had !! 😢

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might just be moisture not yet burned off in the exhaust - don't think they would sell a bike with bad head gaskets - crack in the block is very unlikely, plus no water in the engine cases, but '07's had the black wheels as well - they are extremely rare only seen two for sale in last 5 years when I almost bought a blue one for $ 10,500, wish I had !! 😢
If you look on motohunt.com, there may be one there...:)

· Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Wish it were closer
Theres one at Hannums, Chadds Ford Yellow, looks pretty stock. Also an 06 Nite Rod, burgundyish color. looks to be stock as well

1 - 20 of 29 Posts