1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Still 4 sale?

·
Registered
17 Posts
lol tell me where to find one new for 12,000 and i'd be all over it.

to the op your craiglist link no longer works can you perhaps post some pics and a list of any mods(if any) you have done to the bike. I see it is listed under st. louis craiglist, what is your exact location. I live on the east side of Ill and have been looking for a deal on a vrod for quite some time now and am ready to pull the trigger for a good deal.

·
Soy City Rider
53 Posts
Vrscr In IL

I've seen 2 of em up here in central Illinois and they were both over 13,500. If they were close to 12 i'd a jumped on'em myself. I've seen a couple used A's for 10k but not leftover R's. That being said I suppose if a guy was to get serious with number's the dealer may blow the thing out to get it off his floor plan. I can't decide if I like the Black cherry or the blue better.

·
VRSCR User
291 Posts
I got my SunGlo blue '06 VRSCR brand new for $10,995 in Omaha NE in June of 07. The dealer wanted it off the floor - talked me right out of paying $16,500 for a DX (would have had to order it).

·
VRSCR User
291 Posts
I got my SunGlo blue '06 VRSCR brand new for $10,995 in Omaha NE in June of 07.
Correction: I put $1,000 cash down, so I paid $11,995. I still wouldn't sell it for 13,500. I'm very happy with it. Blue Rocks! Tons of compliments without mods.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
bser said:
lol tell me where to find one new for 12,000 and i'd be all over it.

to the op your craiglist link no longer works can you perhaps post some pics and a list of any mods(if any) you have done to the bike. I see it is listed under st. louis craiglist, what is your exact location. I live on the east side of Ill and have been looking for a deal on a vrod for quite some time now and am ready to pull the trigger for a good deal.
http://austin.cowboyharley.com/listing.asp?family=VRSC V-Rod&Section=Web#

They still show 9 in stock and they were going for $10,995 last I checked.

Cycletrader.com has a few for 12k as well spread out across the US.

Sorry Tree, not trying to nuke your ad, but R pricing is still falling for new-out-the-door bikes.

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
gtrman66 said:
http://austin.cowboyharley.com/listing.asp?family=VRSC V-Rod&Section=Web#

They still show 9 in stock and they were going for $10,995 last I checked.

Cycletrader.com has a few for 12k as well spread out across the US.

Sorry Tree, not trying to nuke your ad, but R pricing is still falling for new-out-the-door bikes.
The Out the Door price is of course MUCH higher than the adverised $10,995. that you refer to. I DO know that those R's COULD sell for much higher than that price to most of their clientele. EVERY deal usually ends up with a different price.:deal: I would go out on a limb and say most of those bikes will be sold to first time Harley buyers, just like all of us.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
RicoSuave said:
The Out the Door price is of course MUCH higher than the adverised $10,995. that you refer to. I DO know that those R's COULD sell for much higher than that price to most of their clientele. EVERY deal usually ends up with a different price.:deal: I would go out on a limb and say most of those bikes will be sold to first time Harley buyers, just like all of us.
Mine was $10,995 plus $250 shipping, plus $695 setup. There was TX sales tax, TX inspection fee, and plate cost (I also rolled in extended waranty - which I have cancelled and a tour windshield - installed). So out the door, I was still in the ~$12k range. I got mine in Jan 07 and made my first payment was in April. My last statement had the payoff right at $12k (which I figure I haven't done anything to the principle yet).

You walk in with cash and watch the magic carpet unfold.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tax, license and title for IL to IL on a used bike. $165. Doesn't matter if it is a $5 bike or a $50K bike. And the remainder of the 5 year unlimited mile waranty is also included.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also heard that some of the stealers "dealers" were selling them for a lower price around 10K-11K. I bought mine in August 06 for 12K. As an interesting note, I was looking to get a Touring bike the other day. So, I asked the infamous question on how much they would give me for my bike. They came back with a grand total of $7,500 for my bike. I kept the Street Rod and sold my 01 GSXR-1000 for $5,500. I am still getting the touring model, not from that particular dealer. Basically, I still like the Street Rod and giving it away for $7,500 would have chaffed my buns. Remember the Cafe Racer, I think that the Street Rod will go down in value then rise with time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some things just happen differently down here in Texas, not better or worse, just different.
Cowboy HD is located on the south end of Austin, approx 100 yards on the east side of IH 35. Central Texas HD is located on the north end of Austin, also approx. 100 yards on the east side of IH 35. Two Harley dealers within a 6 to 40 minute straight shot on IH 35 (depending on traffic).
Cowboy has all those Vrod deals while at Central you will find a dusty 06 R with a "sale price" tag skirting $19 plus.

·
Registered
138 Posts
gtrman66 said:
Mine was $10,995 plus $250 shipping, plus $695 setup. There was TX sales tax, TX inspection fee, and plate cost (I also rolled in extended waranty - which I have cancelled and a tour windshield - installed). So out the door, I was still in the ~$12k range. I got mine in Jan 07 and made my first payment was in April. My last statement had the payoff right at $12k (which I figure I haven't done anything to the principle yet).

You walk in with cash and watch the magic carpet unfold.
My deal was about the same.... I got a quote from Cowboy 11K plus prep, freight, etc. Local dealer matched, ended up paying $12,675 out the door, this past February.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just don't see how that is possible, my local dealer in effingham Ill still has them priced at msrp and doesn't seem to want to budge. New vrscaw last time i was in there with a few chrome peices was $18000.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts