Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone please help me and tell me if a gauge cluster from an 06 Street Rod would fit into the riser set up on an 06 Night Rod?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
VRSC est -03
2,628 Posts
If I remember correct: Yes.
Did that mod to my Street Rod - B housing/risers & bezel - but ended up with a combo of Muscle housing & stock cr risers...

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
If I remember correct: Yes.
Did that mod to my Street Rod - B housing/risers & bezel - but ended up with a combo of Muscle housing & stock cr risers...
Does't the R use the A style "tBar" type bolt up and a different clamshell?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I am wondering. Would I need a B or D riser in order to fit the R gauges? I have a VRSCD and want the R cluster.

·
VRSC est -03
2,628 Posts
Does't the R use the A style "tBar" type bolt up and a different clamshell?
Yep.
I adapted the `F` housing to the `R` risers with a homemade stainless bracket, placed the housing in front of risers, no clamshell.

·
VRSC est -03
2,628 Posts
That's what I am wondering. Would I need a B or D riser in order to fit the R gauges? I have a VRSCD and want the R cluster.

Someone arrest me if I`m wrong but aren`t B and D and DX risers/housings identical?

Maaske, I am really shure a R cluster should fit your D riser, but you`ll need the stock D bezel who`ll slightly cover the tacho.
There are some older posts way back regarding theme.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Knut J. I just haven't been able to find a definite answer. The stock gauge on the 06 D has no glass and the faceplate has a hole in it. I'm just trying to get replacement cluster without buying new. Thank you again.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
answered the email from maaske but not sure if it arrived because I have not received an reply back yet... Please check your email Mat.

a R cluster's RPM needle would not look good under the D bezel because it is partially covered... but it would 'Fit'...

I could replace the glass and put a new stock faceplate in the D gauge to fix it for you.
let me know, i'l help you out.

The 06D gauge is the first model gauge that is better customizable in the same go but I get your not looking for upgrades.
If you end putting that R cluster on I can reinstate the mileage for you.

For the other mod infested readers interested in upgrades...
I could reinstate the digital display readings like total mileage from the old.... Or change miles to kilometers... or... place new light colors... new stainless custom faceplate .. shiftlight ... gearindicator.. multicolor app controlled custom lights.. and clean or polish the stained fogged inside from stains and reseal the gasket so the gauge will be as new.
not much on my website... more on my FBpage..

Anyway indeed Knut, I also do suspect the B D and 7-11 DX risers are basically the same just different color.

Here at the left top and bottom two R gauges (bottom is ready to ship to a customer) at the right top a DX and right bottom a Muscle.

The R gauges are 07 types but the only difference is the size of the digital display.

Attachments

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Yep.
I adapted the `F` housing to the `R` risers with a homemade stainless bracket, placed the housing in front of risers, no clamshell.
I did about the same Knut but then I placed the Muscle housing lower with a home made bracket and a plate to close the gap between the oem vrod dragbar...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Dutchrod for the email. I am sorry I haven't been able to reply to it yet. I will reply to you very shortly with the pics. You did respond very fast.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Always trying to help out fellow vrodders as much as I can Mat. it's a hobby where I make some coins for my time and work to use for bike but also life...and fortunately not a living. No rush on the mail but I just had not heard back yet and saw this tread so I reacted.
I think I mixed up you had a D and not a R... so the answer above is prob better than my email... let me know if you need any info
Angelo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love what you did with the drag bars and custom bracket. That is ultimately what I am eventually going for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts