Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to owning a V-Rod. I was wondering what fluid levels on the bike I need to watch for, so I don't mess up the bike? I know I might not be able to get to all of them and might need to take the bike to the dealer. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
There are two fluids, Oil and Coolant. Dip stick iis on the left front of the engine. Heat engine to operating temperature. Let sit for a couple of minutes. With the bike in an upright position remove the dip stick, clean it off and reinsert it fully. Remove it and check the oil level.

Coolant has a reservoir either under the seat or behind the left triangular cover front of bike. The reservoir has full/add marks on it.

PS: You don't have a 2006 Anodized. Anodized covers only came with 2002 and 2003 model years unless someone has performed a switcheroo on the bike covers.

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
I forgot to mention, the oil (5 quarts) services the engine, transmission and the clutch unlike most bikes that have separate reservoirs for those components.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
One of the smartest things you can do for your motorcycle is to buy the Harley service manual and study it.Second thing,and you have already done it is to surf around this forum read up and ask questions before you might make a mistake.If you have any bit of common sense and a few basic tools,you can do most all the service and maintenance work on the bike yourself.Not only will you feel good about taking care of your bike but you will be able to give it the attention it needs to specific areas better than most flat rate mechanics will.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Hey, what is in the 10K service that costs 600 bucks? I saw that on a sign today and about choked! Energize the flux capacitor? Dayum!

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Blinker fluid is very expensive.

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
One of the smartest things you can do for your motorcycle is to buy the Harley service manual and study it.Second thing,and you have already done it is to surf around this forum read up and ask questions before you might make a mistake.If you have any bit of common sense and a few basic tools,you can do most all the service and maintenance work on the bike yourself.Not only will you feel good about taking care of your bike but you will be able to give it the attention it needs to specific areas better than most flat rate mechanics will.
Amen to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts