Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Fehling might work as it doesn't use the foot peg stubs to mount to. It's worth investigating that crash bar.
Ron

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Might work looks like it has slip fit mounting clamps and tube on frame should be clear in area shown on photo - another member found the official R engine guard in Europe cost him over twice that price to buy it, pay Euro VAT taxes and have it shipped back here - Call Manufacturer ask them if unsure just order it it may fit fine if not ask to return it -

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Well there ya go - that was covered up on my computer by a " screenshot " silkscreen - Then again they said my Bub7 2-1 pipe wouldn't fit the R model either but with 30 manhours of modifying everything it fit perfect - I for one despise those rams horn engine guards as they are for foot clearance on fwd control bikes and I would only install the H-D OEM R model sport guard on a mid control bike - I think I'm the one that bought the last new US one from a dealer in Liberal, KS of all places. Having had that guard save my left leg from being crushed and engine from damage twice I do like the guards and would almost consider trying to get that one to fit the R just to have one if that's all there was available. I have no idea why it wouldn't fit the upper mount looks correct and the side mounts are slide clamp brackets and the frames the same so only the R specific radiator side shrouds are different but with some creative bracketry or dremel tooling the radiator side covers for clearance it just may fit. It all depends on how bad you want it - many things aren't turn key easy on V Rods and the R model in particular even more so - don't ask me how I know - (y):cool:

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Looking closer with a magnifying glass I think rc4man is right it looks like the slide clamps go on the fwd footpeg mounts not to the actual frame like the H-D OEM sport guard does. But if a guy could get a couple of the clamps used on the R sport guard or similar clamps used for footpeg to frame mounting you could probably make it mount up on the lower frame rail but the wider R radiator side shrouds would have to be cut or dremel tooled to provide clearance for the guard to get to the frame bracket. Ranger6711 post a wanted ad here in that section you never know you might luck out and find a used one one of the other R riders did - or buy that one and some footpeg clamps and get to work you could probably make it work. Me, I'd hold out as long as possible for the H-D OEM R guard it looks 100% better and you don't have to cut up your radiator shrouds - Come On V Rod Planet belch forth just one more H-D OEM R engine guard for our needy new member ! (y) :D

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Looks like the earlier mentioned one its for fwd control bike only, although a guy could probably create some custom brackets too make it fit - but even God knows those are some ugly A$$ engine guards - Did you see the other post from a new member saying he had a set of R guards for sale ? Be careful he's a low poster so setup a fail safe deal with Pay Pal business protection don't send any money and get ripped off - They might be sold I don't know but he posted his phone # so you could call him -

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
How about this one?
Nope. You have no lower attachment for it. Look into Fehling products. They use a support bar under the rad for bottom and upper frame bolts. If the frame connections are the same and I suspect they are to my 13DX, it should fit, even though they claim otherwise. Do some research on it .
Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts