Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am totally new to this. I just added a set of Tab mufflers to 2006 NightRod. The bike has a Power Commander III installed but no idea how to work it. It was on the bike when i got it. I have no cables or anything like that. The Tabs are making the bike backfire a lot more then it did before can anyone help and walk me though what to do? You can email me at [email protected]

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
You will need the software and cable to make adjustments. If you take the time to read and follow the instructions, it is not too hard to make small adjustments. The trick is getting the stuff, check online with power commander.
If you do not want to fool with it, find a good dyno tuner in your area and let an expert deal with it. Dyno tuning will make your bike run much better and may even pick up a few HP for you.
Post your area and maybe someone near by can lend a hand or at least recommend a tuner..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to do the Dyno tuning but money is a little tight right now. Wife is out of work I am in the South Jersey area near the Deptford mall. Thanks for the info

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
The cable is a standard USB mini. The software can be downloaded from HERE.

You can find some Maps in the EFI section if you happen to locate one to your stock configuration, then you'll be close. LINK HERE. Any of the maps from 2003-2006 should work for your PC3 on your 2006 VRSCD

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone point me to the map i might need? I have an 06 D Tab mufflers with no baffles and stock air filter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts