Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 05 CVO VRSCSE VRod with 1250 engine. I am tired of the stock exhaust sound. Plenty of power so more is just a bonus.
I ordered a PCV tuner and will VMod my stock mufflers and add 8 1/2" drag baffles into the pipes to take the edge off how loud the new exhaust sound will be. I will change to a K&N air filter but not go topless (may consider topless).
Question: Are the PCV maps the same for similar year VRods and does it make a difference whether CVO or not? Looks like I need a 1250cc map?

I will be looking for a map to match my new setup.

After some search and review, it looks like I should be looking for a 1250cc map to match my engine - is there a specific year I should be looking for?

I read that the PCV may also be switchable to change map just by a simple toggle switch - if this is so, I would set it up with a switch and want to switch from a performance mode to a cruising mode if possible and would need 2 different maps. I could easily hide the switch out of site. Has anyone done this before?

'05 CVO VRSCSE 1250cc VRod
VMOD, 8.5" x 1.75" Drag Baffles, K&N Filter, Top ON (option Topless)

I have the same question posted in the EFI section but I have not received any responses.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I have a stock 05 CVO VRSCSE VRod with 1250 engine. I am tired of the stock exhaust sound. Plenty of power so more is just a bonus.
I ordered a PCV tuner and will VMod my stock mufflers and add 8 1/2" drag baffles into the pipes to take the edge off how loud the new exhaust sound will be. I will change to a K&N air filter but not go topless (may consider topless).
Question: Are the PCV maps the same for similar year VRods and does it make a difference whether CVO or not? Looks like I need a 1250cc map?

I will be looking for a map to match my new setup.

After some search and review, it looks like I should be looking for a 1250cc map to match my engine - is there a specific year I should be looking for?

I read that the PCV may also be switchable to change map just by a simple toggle switch - if this is so, I would set it up with a switch and want to switch from a performance mode to a cruising mode if possible and would need 2 different maps. I could easily hide the switch out of site. Has anyone done this before?

'05 CVO VRSCSE 1250cc VRod
VMOD, 8.5" x 1.75" Drag Baffles, K&N Filter, Top ON (option Topless)

I have the same question posted in the EFI section but I have not received any responses.
Choose a cal for the type of O2 sensor as in early unheated or late 2012+ heated sensors. If you plan on two maps, I'd have one for performance and one for economy cruise. Only real difference is the ve tables in the normal cruise areas. In closed loop these are effected by the clb tables. For cruise rpms, these can be set as low as 450-500. This area is then retuned , starting with the performance cal, driving as you would for cruising to generate the new economy ve's. In reality one tune can do both if you purposely dial it in that way. Most dyno tunes don't.
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.