Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Keep in mind that if you thought accessory parts for the R were hard to find, a fuel tank suspension clearance is nothing to play with. The fuel tank for the R are not available and almost impossible to find and only a R fits a R.
Even among this forum, the R stood for "RED HEADED STEPCHILD" of the VRSC line.
To be honest, sounds like you choose the wrong model. From what you described what you want to do and the look and stance you want, sound more like the VRSCD would have been your ideal choice.

Reactions: streetrodracer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Keep in mind that if you thought accessory parts for the R were hard to find, a fuel tank suspension clearance is nothing to play with. The fuel tank for the R are not available and almost impossible to find and only a R fits a R.
Even among this forum, the R stood for "RED HEADED STEPCHILD" of the VRSC line.
To be honest, sounds like you choose the wrong model. From what you described what you want to do and the look and stance you want, sound more like the VRSCD would have been your ideal choice.
I wouldn’t ultimately compromise safety and any experimentation would be thoroughly looked at before riding it so the info that everyone has brought has been helpful thanks. Also, as I say I like the bike well enough already in itself so it won’t ruin my life not to be able to change it but I might still keep on with a decent shop who wants to be creative without compromising all the safety angles of it. We will see, I’m in no rush anyway and for now am just gonna enjoy the bike. 😊

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
If I didn't need the two up capability I would definitely consider doing a single seat mod to my R. I wouldn't lower it though - it if anything I'd have a set of custom 16 or 16.25 " rear shocks built, and do the Traxxion fork mod to match it. Install a D Model like Cowl and LED headlight. Shorten but not eliminate the rear fender like the bike Knut J shared on page 1 here, but not bend it up in the air as that just looks kinda stink buggy, and remove any excessive weight. Cam the N/A engine a bit install a Muscle head pipe dual exhaust with reverse megaphone or Carbon Fiber mufflers and just enjoy riding it, later possibly build the engine add a supercharger and Carbon Fiber wheels if time, enthusiasm and funds would allow it. Overall I think the R is a great V Rod bike platform to do this to taking into consideration the better frame geometry for semi - serious twisty road work and of course the mid controls are a must. True Hooligan bike it would be, unique and a head turner, and way too much fun to look at, to ride, and listen to that Revo exhaust music. I'm pretty much doing that now to my R, less the pax seat elimination guess that will be last to be done when the wife no longer wants to ride on the back - and thanks for the inspiration guys ! 👍😎

·
VRSC est -03
2,856 Posts
A friend of me did the short R-R fender convertion.
Some not-so-nice kits out there, this is one of the better ones...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
It looks different actually looks shorter and more wedge shaped as I’ve just compared, thanks I’ll check eBay to see what this one says!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts