Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, hello all. I bought a 2005 VRSCB a year ago, and I'm trying to make some improvements on my brakes, as well as self-serviceability. If anyone has done this, I would appreciate your advice. Would it be beneficial to upgrade my brake lines replacing them with steel braided ones, and then replace the bleeders with speed bleeders? If I am on the right track, and anyone has the information on what brand/exact fit replacements are good, I would appreciate that input. So far, the front brakes seem a bit mushy for my liking. The bike has 13k miles on it, and other than that, it's a great ride.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Tim,

I am on an 03 VRSCA and I upgraded both the clutch and brakes to braided lines. I did quite a bit of research and the 2 companies I found that sell the kit that also comes with the splitter (look under lower triple tree) were Goodrich and HelPerformance. I ended up going with HelPerformance because Goodrich never responded to my emails after several calls.

Here is the brake kit I purchased

Here are the clutch lines

I did a proper clean of the system, flushed the brake fluid through the calipers exc...
I did notice an improvement in performance but my brakes worked fine before, the upgrade was aesthetic.

Here are some images of the upgrade, hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tim,

I am on an 03 VRSCA and I upgraded both the clutch and brakes to braided lines. I did quite a bit of research and the 2 companies I found that sell the kit that also comes with the splitter (look under lower triple tree) were Goodrich and HelPerformance. I ended up going with HelPerformance because Goodrich never responded to my emails after several calls.

Here is the brake kit I purchased

Here are the clutch lines

I did a proper clean of the system, flushed the brake fluid through the calipers exc...
I did notice an improvement in performance but my brakes worked fine before, the upgrade was aesthetic.

Here are some images of the upgrade, hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice looking bike. I like the anniversary model, and it looks like you take good care of it. I will start by flushing the lines and see what happens. I like the look of the steel braided lines too. I am looking for the correct speed bleeders, and find that they aren't easy to reference, so I will keep trying. Your input and help is much appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks! I got the speed bleeders, and they work great. My brakes just needed fresh fluid, and the speed bleeders made it easier. Best to do in sequence is to use the old bleeders to flush all the old fluid out, then put the speed bleeders on to finish, and get the rest of any bubbles out. The brakes are much firmer now. Keep the old bleeders though, just to use in flushing out the old fluid. Not sure why the speed bleeders don't work as good in flushing it out, but they work great otherwise when finished.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts