Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just moved to Europe and I must remove my Vance and Hines Powershots to pass the ITV, (state inspection) and put the stock pipes back on. HD gave me the stock pipes back when they put on the Powershots but I see now that they did not give me any of the bolts. Were they reused for the powershot installation? I have a 2003 VROD SVC manual and I am missing the bolts listed in Section 2-7 figure 2-6 items 11, 22 (I have the clamps), 32, 18, 19. If anyone knows the sizing it would be appreciated, or, are they on the bike for the powershot install?. p.s as soon as I pass the test I will put the Powershots back on so its temporary.
My bike is 2005 HD VRSC SE.
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stomper, Lots of valuable tips here - Love it! Just relocted from Texas to Europe. Getting bike adjusted for local roads. Sux! Miss the US HD Community.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
:vrodforu:

What part of Texas are you from? A lot of Texans here.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
100010335 said:
Richmond TX 77469. S/W freeway just past Sugarland.
There is a pretty big crew from DFW, and a few from Houston. I use to live there (DFW) myself. How long you gonna be in Spain?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont know, on a relocation, open ended from my company GE. Hence bringing my bike with me. Mind you, looks like lots of mountains and twisties here. Cant wait to get on them. Dont suppose you know the answer to my bolt question above? Used to get my bike serviced at Republic HD in Houston, great team and they replaced my pipes but now I cannot find the stock bolts... Only need bolts for items 11 & 22 (secures mufflers to Aux Volume) Any help appreciated. Tom

·
Registered
883 Posts
Baffles

100010335 said:
I have just moved to Europe and I must remove my Vance and Hines Powershots to pass the ITV, (state inspection) and put the stock pipes back on. HD gave me the stock pipes back when they put on the Powershots but I see now that they did not give me any of the bolts. Were they reused for the powershot installation? I have a 2003 VROD SVC manual and I am missing the bolts listed in Section 2-7 figure 2-6 items 11, 22 (I have the clamps), 32, 18, 19. If anyone knows the sizing it would be appreciated, or, are they on the bike for the powershot install?. p.s as soon as I pass the test I will put the Powershots back on so its temporary.
My bike is 2005 HD VRSC SE.
Thanks
Tom
You can't pass with the baffles in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was under the impression that if i put back the stock pipes and remapped by Power commander back to a stock map I should be OK for emission and noise levels to pass this test. Appreciate any information you can add. Never been through this process before. Used to HDs sounding loud.
Cheers
Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts