Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was looking at a Vrod B from my local dealership, great price, really low miles. Kept having issues that service dept had to fix. Anyway, they have a 2005 SE set up with passenger backrest, and matching hard travel bags. Price is 9,999$. Not a bad price, I'm sure they will go down. Issue I have, is that it has 33,000 miles. Bike is solid, looks great, sounds good, I road it for awhile at highway speed and seemed fine. Should I be hesitant about a bike with that many miles, any questions I should be asking the dealership and are there any issues or problems with that bike.
Thank you

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hi all,
I was looking at a Vrod B from my local dealership, great price, really low miles. Kept having issues that service dept had to fix. Anyway, they have a 2005 SE set up with passenger backrest, and matching hard travel bags. Price is 9,999$. Not a bad price, I'm sure they will go down. Issue I have, is that it has 33,000 miles. Bike is solid, looks great, sounds good, I road it for awhile at highway speed and seemed fine. Should I be hesitant about a bike with that many miles, any questions I should be asking the dealership and are there any issues or problems with that bike.
Thank you
You may want to check out the 2006 screaming eagle on Kansas city craiglist the guy put it on there 8th june say's it orange 2006 with 16500 miles for 7500.oo would not be to far to drive to save that much money just go to kc craiglist under motorcycles do a search for vrod it will come up it is in Lawrence Kansas just about one hour west of KC I would like to have it but I got 2 vrods now

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
It's always good to have less mileage but 33,000 miles is not really a concern. Guys here on the site like RustyG have 175,000+ miles on these engines - if you change the oil, air filter and maintain it properly it will last you just about forever. Check the maintenance history on the dealers computer to see if the valve clearance check has been done at least once and when,how many oil changes - inspect the records and bike for abuse, corrosion, prior damage, age of tires, brake pad remaining etc. if it's all good and you can buy it for a decent price I'd go for it. Just the hard bags ( if they are the original H-D jellybean ones ) are worth $ 1200 in perfect shape. Good Luck !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, did you ever buy that 05 vrscse. If not, and your still interested, I’ve got two 05 vrscse for sale. Bought both new from my local dealer. They are in showroom condition and have always been stored Inside my finished basement. One has about 8000 mi and the other 18000 mi. Let me know. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.