Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 CVO VRod that has the gas gauge, signal indicators and clock mounted on the top of the gas tank. I need some help in trying to figure out on how to set the clock. (Tired of the blinking "1200"). I have found a button on the back of the speedo but this does not have any control over the gauges mounted on the gas tank. I did find an earlier post that said on the left side of the bike on the controls just above the horn button there should be a rubber cover. Under that cover there is suppose to be a button. Well there is no such cover or button anywhere on the controls. The on-line owners manual does not have any info on the CVO model. Any help would be appreciated.

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
My 06 is located by the horn. Pretty sure 05 is to.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
vrscse 2005 clock-set

I have a 2005 CVO VRod that has the gas gauge, signal indicators and clock mounted on the top of the gas tank. I need some help in trying to figure out on how to set the clock. (Tired of the blinking "1200"). I have found a button on the back of the speedo but this does not have any control over the gauges mounted on the gas tank. I did find an earlier post that said on the left side of the bike on the controls just above the horn button there should be a rubber cover. Under that cover there is suppose to be a button. Well there is no such cover or button anywhere on the controls. The on-line owners manual does not have any info on the CVO model. Any help would be appreciated.
vrscse manual page 41
set the engine run/off switch to off . turn the ignition switch on
press and hold the clock-set button (ON BACK OF SPEEDO) FOR FIVE SECONDS UNTIL THE MINUTE DISPLAY on the cock begins to blink. release the button
press and release the clock-set button repeatedly to advance the minute display .each time you press and release the button the display will advance one minute
when the correct minute is displayed. press and hold the clock-set button for five seconds ,then release. the minute display will stop blinking, and the hour display will begin to blink.
press and release the clock-set button repeatedly to advance the hour display . each time you press and release the button, the display will advance one hour.
when the correct hour is displayed, press and hold the clock-set button for five seconds, then release the hours display will stop blinking, indicating that the clock has been set
turn the ignition switch off.
hope this help and good luck and good bye from australia

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you are a life saver. I couldn't find it anywhere. The local Harley shop couldn't even figure it out. The only service manual they had was for the standard VRod.

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
On mine, the button is located next to horn mounting bolt on left side. You hold it in and it blinks and push button to set hours and then hold in til minutes flash and then set minutes by pushing in button . Then push button in when all set and it stops flashing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heavens Thunder and Lane: Thanks for the help, it was right by the horn like you said. Everyone else was telling me about the button on the back of the speedo or that there was a button by the horn on the controls. My wife thought I had finally lost my mind. For two days straight I would lay on the ground and stare all over the bottom of the controls, tank, forks etc, trying to find this mythical button.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
hi Chris sorry about the wrong instructions as I was quoting from my 2005 vrscse owners manual page 41 once I got home and into my garage and checked my bike it also is as described by lane and heavens thunder . once again sorry mate
regards joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Triked: Not a problem, I still appreciate the fact that you responded and took the time to help out. Plus I pretty much learned where everything else was located on the bike by looking and poking around.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
For anyone still struggling with this, I have no button by the horn and the speedo button only works the speedo. I found another button under the 'tank' area on the left hand side, this worked fine on my 55 plate Vrod. Hope that's of help to someone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts