Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought this today and brought her home. She needs a little work but it should be fun.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
:vrodforu:

Looks like you've got a little work ahead of you. Good luck with it and be sure to keep us posted (with pics) on your progress.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Not too bad. Projects can be a lot of fun and a pain. Get your plan together and work one thing at a time.

My project has gone much slower than expected because I decided to give "a friend" some work in making the new triple clamps. 5 months later I get the unfinished items and find that he used the wrong alloy. Into the recycle bin it goes.:banghead:

Best of luck. Do you have a target style in mind or just returning to stock form?

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words.

We're thinking a bit lower with some drag bars and probably ditch the rear fender.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc.com - looks like ya have some work cut out for ya. Make sure to post up for any parts you need as there should be some available on this forum..

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good luck with this project, what a sense of accomplishment when you're finished... As the other guys mentioned, post some pics along the way... welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am guessing if you buy something like that you have experience in restoring bikes. So have fun. looks like you have to take it apart a lot, so maybe paint or coat the frame, while you are at it.

Cheers

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
You could always tell everyone that it was custom painted to look that way
:them:

But I think that baby did'nt make the cut on what to save from the fire =\. Which fires I have no idea a few big one recently up in AZ. But he is from PA so I have no idea. I'm curious to find out all the cost at the end as in on how much he got it for and how much everthing tallied up.

Good luck please post pics.

Oh and since your so close to Zannottis I would get all the part numbers ahead of time get the price quotes for the lot of parts and just drive there and save on the shipping =) just a idea cause they charge alot for shipping =\

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Looking better already!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Wow! Amazing what a good cleaning will do. Since the airbox cover wasn't in the trailer pic, is that the original one or did you have a spare.

Did you get the keys? If not ( I didn't get them) you need the bill of sale and title documents to order a key from a dealer.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
id like a project like this - where did you buy it from and what did it cost?
Check with member "xssx" as he has a 09 DX project bike for sale that is going to need some work to restore. He has a thread on here somewhere regarding that..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First thing is first, we need to get it running/working legally for the enhanced PA inspection so we can get the R title.

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a wiring diagram for the 2004 V Rod? There are a few..."modifications" to the stock harness and I want to return it to stock before I make any changes.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 48 Posts