Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 2004 or newer license plate bracket that fits the 180 fender. If anyone has one for sale, please send me a PM. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
2002 - 2006 are all the same license plate bracket...aka "dog's ass" except for the '06 SE2 which is chrome and wider for the wider fender and larger tire.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2002 - 2006 are all the same license plate bracket...aka "dog's ass" except for the '06 SE2 which is chrome and wider for the wider fender and larger tire.
Thanks, but not all of them are exactly the same. If you look carefully, the holes on the bracket where the license plate would go are different. The only reason why it matters is because I just bought the chrome license plate mount cover (which only fits 2004-later) and chrome rear turn signals for my 2003 since just about everything else on my bike is chrome. I was thinking about getting that chrome license plate bracket for the SE2 that you were referring to, but its almost impossible to find one for sale plus I know they won't fit correctly and I don't know if it would be an easy or hard modification to make it work...assuming it could even workl.

Again, if anyone has has a 2004-2006 license plate bracket (dog's ass) that fits a 180 fender for sale or can tell me the part number for one so I can find out how much it would cost to order from the dealer, please let me know! Thanks again!

-Derek

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
I guess so. I have that some cover installed on my '03 and my Dad's '03. The mount is plastic so all I had to do was drill it. Never dawned on me that there were different hole placements but since I have a dog's ass from an '03, an '02, and my old '04 I will check the mounting holes when I get home and can mail you the one for the '04 if it is indeed different. Also the '06 SE2 will not work at all with the narrow fender. Two friends of mine have SE2's and I checked into it but no go for fitment on the narrow fender.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about the possibility of drilling it, but I was planning on painting the sides of dog's ass a silver color to match the bike and since I would have to take the bracket off to paint and mount the rear turn signals, I figured it would just be better to get a the proper one.

After you get home and check to see if it is different, send me a PM to let me know how much you'd like for your '04 bracket (my zip code is 12010). Thanks again...I really do appreciate it!

Btw, I checked out your gallery that showed your yellow '02...it is very nice and it is very cool that your father also has a '03 V-Rod (my dad has a '03 Fatboy)! Only complaint I have about my '03 is the 3.7 gallon fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. Both my V-rods and my Dad's '03 have been upgraded to the 5 gallon tanks. Some people say it is not worth it but I believe it was worth the $500 each bike.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're worth it especially if you take long rides with your bikes. I don't really take long rides, but I hate having to fill it up 2 or 3x a week. But I'm a college student so $500 for a tank that I'll only be able to go another 40 miles with isn't really an option now. Plus I bought the TAB Performance chrome tank cover which looks awesome and I'd be really disappointed if that wouldn't fit with the 5 gallon tank. Anyways, let me know about the bracket when you get a chance! Thanks again!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have a new mount in unopened box. part# 69051-01a. this is the part # out of the 2004 parts book. the # in 2002 book is 69051-01. $45. shipped

1 - 10 of 10 Posts