Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Better than new chrome Alt. Cover for a 2004? or later? V-Rod.

I thought I was buying a used 2003 alternator cover from a fellow 1130cc.com member. Happens to be, after chroming and trying to install, it would not fit:banghead: On top of that, I have a new leak at the wire exit of the original cover.:banghead: Apparently, it is off a 2004? or later V-Rod that has the circular opening for the stator wires.

So...I have this beautiful Professionally Chromed (from Spacecoast Plating in Melbourne, Fl.) cover for sale. I will sell it for what I payed, which was $50 to buy used and $200 to have it re-chromed. The first $250 plus shipping takes it.

p.s. If anyone has a good used 2003 Alt. cover please chime in so I can start over again.

Taking off market

Attachments

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i wasn't aware there was a difference... hmmm... good luck

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Man... that thang sure is purrrty!!

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Luvmy04VRod,

Pm replied to....Your first in line if the wait isn't too long.

Would love to get a newly chromed 2003 cover installed asap in order to keep me from draining the oil again and adjusting/fixing the rubber grommet leak on the original cover then turning around and doing it once again for the new cover.

·
passionate fanatic
342 Posts
I have the alt cover off of my 2004 B at this time.
I also have an early model cover factory chromed but with a different exit point/configuration for the wires of the stator. the later style that came on my bike has a round hole in the cover just almost to the edge of the cover, the early one has a v cast into the edge to allow for the wires to exit the cover. the early cover part number cast into the cover ends in -01 the later model has -04.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts