Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have stock fork springs and the guide tubes for a 2003 VRSCA ? Please contact me if you do and also let me know what you want for them. Thanks,Jay Lavorne

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I have the stock springs and spacer tubes from my '04B. $20.00 + postage.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
springs...

Are they the same as VRSCA springs? And do you have the guide tubes also? Jay

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
They should be the same springs. I don't know what you mean by guide tubes.
My manual shows fork tubes only. The book refers to the spacers, which sit on top of the springs, as "spring collars".

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spring tubes...

the factory manual shows 2 metal tubes about 12" long that slip over the fork springs and the spacer washers go on top. and they both go into the fork tubes. thats what i took out when i replaced mine with progessive springs but your suppossed to reuse the flat washer spacers.. i want to go back to stock spring set up as the progressives are too stiff for the bad roads here and im getting a little older and softer. LOL ! let me know what you have,maybe a pic would work. thanks, Jay

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Jay,
Look at attached picture from the 2003 parts manual. The install sequence is Springs first then spacer (Washer) on top of it followed by the Spring collar on top of that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Jay,
From what you are describing you are looking for Part# s: 14 & 15. From what I can tell that is exactly what Pat is offering you. If that is what you are looking for and Pat does not have them then let me know because I have a few sets.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Pm sent, Jay.
I have the parts that you need, along with the washers(Part#13).
The tubes sit on top of the springs, they do not "slip over" them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts