Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2003VRSA, 2003FLHRCI
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have link or info on converting a stock 2003 VRSCA with 180 tire, to a 240 tire/wheel?

·
Registered
10 Posts
First post here been lurking for years.
Just my opinion, but I would not go up to a 240. I looked into it and decided against it because of the amount of effort and expense involved. Plus i believe the 240 does not handle as well. You can get a 200 on the rim with no fitment issues and it looks really good. Just my 2 cents worth.
06 Nightrod. 5 gallon tank. Lots of powder coating. Avon cobra rubber. D&D fat cat 2 into one exhaust. Kuraykan mirrors etc

·
My Last Ride
1,343 Posts
Anyone have link or info on converting a stock 2003 VRSCA with 180 tire, to a 240 tire/wheel?
It can and has been done using the standard H-D 9247 bearings and the three standard axle spacers. That requires having the bearing spacer sleeve machined down to match the distance between the bearing register seats in the wheel. My wheel is dead center in the swing arm.

Using 6205-2RS 1" / 25.4X52X15 chinese bearings is a cobble job. Either way it will require machine work so it just as well be done right using premium quality bearings. The choice is machine the bearing spacer sleeve or machine the two hardened axle spacers.... AFTER YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT THE CORRECT WIDTH.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
my experience -Used the HD spacers but I missed telling the machine shop machine they were HARDENED AXLE SPACERS....doubled the price after they lost a tool first cut.

·
My Last Ride
1,343 Posts
my experience -Used the HD spacers but I missed telling the machine shop machine they were HARDENED AXLE SPACERS....doubled the price after they lost a tool first cut.
That is why it makes more sense to size the bearing spacer sleeve and leave the standard spacers as removed from the motorcycle.

If anybody needs custom length 304 stainless steel spacers then I can supply them.

Ron

Attachments

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
the spacers and wheel sleeve for 1 inch and 25mm are from the same stock just different length

there is a lot of info on here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts