Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 vrod, was hit and had light damage , problem is getting body kit from HD, does anyone know of after market or second source for airbox cover fenders radiator schrouds basically body parts kit, thanks for any response Shelton

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
There is no aftermarket but the various skins are available on eBay. What you'll not find are the airbox parts. Those are dealer only and aren't available used because no one changes them out with paint/chrome.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Mark,
that is not true!Dr.HeathonScum has the Carbon fiber Replacement stuff!:cool:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Sorry, you're right. I was thinking about aftermarket OEM look. What's not available is the plastic parts to complete the OEM radiator shroud, at least I've never seen it. There's no market for parts that either can't be seen or aren't being modified.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Check OZZY'S CUSTOMS tell'm I referd ya!;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have already sent parts back to harley, they would not sell me painted parts for replacement without them, problem is the down time 11 plus weeks

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
shelton said:
I have already sent parts back to harley, they would not sell me painted parts for replacement without them, problem is the down time 11 plus weeks
WHy wouldnt they sell you painted parts with out getting the others?? Is this your dealer of the Company itself. THat sounds kind weird!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry it took so long to reply,had to put kids to bed, the bike is the 2003 black and sterling, of course it has the medallions on air box and all painted parts according to harley are restricted

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
OK it must be a 100 anniversary thing. I just got my airbox cover for my 2004 blue bike.No problem getting it Was told 8-12 wks took about 3 1/2 weeks.Ordered a rack at the same time got the cover but the racks backoerder. Go figure. BTW 387bucks instead of 479 through Mikes.

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
shelton, sorry to here about your 11 week ordeal. Your from a warm enough area that riding year around gets affected...

I'm still on the lookout for any damaged skins, anodized or painted. I'm looking for crash damage, something that you would be thinking about throwing in the trash when you new stuff arrives... Z16monte, do you still have any crunched panels?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts