Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bough a 2003 VROD and I am compiling a list of what each part that needs cleaning/polishing is made of. I think it will help myself and many others not to use the incorrect cleaning products on a specific piece, it will also help us identify certain parts and not confuse chrome with polished aluminium and so forth. If something like this already exists then I would love to have a look.

Please let me know what the materials are for the parts with the ??????

If I have named a part incorrectly please let me know also. I will update the images as I get all the info.

Thank you

·
Registered
113 Posts
Also, the 2003 Anniversary edition is black and silver paint for air intake cover, fenders, etc. So, just normal wax and glazes.

99% of what you list is standard stuff that mild soaps, automotive wax/cleaners and windex will clean just fine (chrome, painted, etc.). Things like the disc brakes and the like .. not advisable to use anything on them except maybe a soft brush and soap and water on the calipers) IMHO

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The anodised body parts, clean with soap and water, do not use an abrasive polish or you'll wear through the coating
Thank you for the reply. I mentioned the pitfalls owners fell into when using the wrong cleaners to restore their bike in my other reply. I think a list of what material each part is will be helpful for using chemical products when needed. I am new to the Harley scene and don't actually know what a lot of the parts are made of, that is the reason I made the post :)

·
VRSC est -03
3,400 Posts
Aluminium: Simichrome or Mothers Billet
Chrome: Mothers Chrome Polish
Paint: Autoglym
Microfiber towels
Favorite music

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.