Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys -

First, hello to all. New to this forum.

I picked up a 2003 VROD from my local dealership last weekend. I picked it up for a good price and the mileage being at 6200 is pretty cool too!

Question for you all. It's a bit louder than I would like. When I removed the slip-ons, I found that they are straight pipes with no baffles or muffler.

I like the exhaust, but do not know the manufacturer, at least there are no marking that I see. It's a 2-2 setup and the slip-ons end with a 45 degree downturn at the end.

The pipe measures at 2".

I've noticed that there are baffles available at 4 inches and 8 inches. I'm assuming this should quiet it down a bit? Also noticed that the previous owner did not alter the fuel management setup either. I would think that the baffles should provide some back pressure as well. Not sure if I need to pick up a PC though.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Post a pic of your exhaust, it may help.

Oh and :vrodforu:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Those are old Samson Street Sweepers,almost as loud as the Leaf Blowers that took their place.The Leaf Blower model had the exits turned out some.
These pipes are very loud,and make the ecm very hard to tune.They rob horse power too.
You might want to try a set of Quite mods,or V-modded pipes w the SE end caps.
You will need a center section and mufflers,along w the factory hardware to reinstall the factory modded setup.You can fine complete takeoff exhaust for cheap on ebay.I suggest to use the SERT for tuning the ecm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts