Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
This sounds like the place for an answer to my question , I have 2003vrsca , bought a swingarm locally second hand - supposedly from a 2007 vrod , the swing arm is the same width - arm to arm internally as the original , so could you tell me the width internally I should be looking for ?
width of second hand one u bought is 293mm or 11.5354 inches for those of you in the states
(That’s between the axle points )
Cheers guys
What you need to measure to see if it is actually a 2007 swingarm is the length from pivot point to axle point. The 2007 onwards swingarm is about 15mm longer and if you wish to use the later swingarm you will need to get the appropriate longer belt also. It is not necessary to change the swingarm to do the 240 conversion, there are many threads on here with good info and this picture pretty much tells all.
Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Parallel
To answer your question about the width I just looked at mine(difficult to measure as it is on the bike) and I would say it is about 300mm. I would say the arm you have is probably not an 07 on arm, but check the length.

·
Registered
658 Posts
My understanding is that all swingarms are the same width at the axle but the difference is where the wheel rides and forward towards the motor mounts is wider. I have never actually had a 240 swingarm in my hand so I have no real experience with them, just what I've read.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
My understanding is that all swingarms are the same width at the axle but the difference is where the wheel rides and forward towards the motor mounts is wider. I have never actually had a 240 swingarm in my hand so I have no real experience with them, just what I've read.
I would think that could very possibly be correct. very difficult to measure when everything is assembled with just a tape measure!! So my number was very vague to say the least. As I said to"bondy" he should measure the length to be certain because it is 100% definitely longer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Howdy there Tomlinson, basically rear fender can stay but mostly sure you'll have to reduce profile and get rid of brackets.
Swingarm...swingarm is the pain in the neck, honestly, I would make it, or pay some aluminum/ steel handy welder-bender to make it. Then you'll need a spacer for the front pulley since you don't want to downgrade to a narrow belt. There are a bunch of custom shops that sell the kits for 240/300 at stupid prices (plus $5k) and you don't want to alter the whole rear set up. So I would go with a custom swingers made by yourself or some handy guy and keep everything stock but the pulley spacer. There is this company in Daytona that sell this kind of swingarm that's pretty much plug and play but the spacer, and they sell it for $1,700tish (they bring it from Germany) and that's good though, but you'll expend about $600/$700 if you do it yourself. Also you can buy a post 2007 v-rod swing arm that already have the clearance for 240, not sure 300. To make it short, if you do it, you'll do it on budget (doesn't mean cheap) but if you buy one of those kits they will get an eye an a lung from you and sincerely there is no magic or mystic to justified what they charge.
Now, with all due respect, why would you want to convert to 240 and have extra weight, less handling perhaps grip rather than keep it stock and modify the rear end? I personally was about to do the same thing, and after riding a couple friends v-rods with 300 and a muscle with 240 I didn't feel the same handling and or confidence than with 180/200. Then I started working with this designer Sebastien Sil retrofitting my bike into old school and minimalistic. I also did a post wondering why all the v-rod custom looks not so custom and pretty much the same.
Just my 2 cents and welcome to the group.
Thank you for the info. Do you have a link to the Daytona company that sells the swingarm?

Also does this company sell the front pulley spacer?

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Thank you for the info. Do you have a link to the Daytona company that sells the swingarm?

Also does this company sell the front pulley spacer?

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its not a company. He was referring to seeing bikes at the Daytona and Sturgis bike weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone!!! New to the group. I have an 03 VRSCA that I’m wanting to do the 240 rear. I’ve searched and I’ve seen a lot of older post from 11-12. So I thought I’d start a new one to see if anyone can help me out by figuring out where to start on getting it on. I have the 8.5 inch rim and tire already. Just don’t know what to do after that!!! Do I need a different fender, swingarm, etc... Can anyone help me out??? Thank you in advance.
I wanna piggy back on this post from 2 years ago lol , I currently have a 2003 vrsca that I too want a 240 or even 300 kit. anyone have ideas where I can grab one from a decent trust worthy Company . I’d gladly appreciate it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
search 240 mod on here for tons of info on budget mod. As far as 300 goes, Hogpro seems pretty reputable but I have never personally had any dealing with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
search 240 mod on here for tons of info on budget mod. As far as 300 goes, Hogpro seems pretty reputable but I have never personally had any dealing with them.
Man that was faster response than I expected , and thank you ! Hog pro it is !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would think that could very possibly be correct. very difficult to measure when everything is assembled with just a tape measure!! So my number was very vague to say the least. As I said to"bondy" he should measure the length to be certain because it is 100% definitely longer.
Hi guys thanks for that info , the new one I have is definitely longer by 10/15mm although the wheel well is the same , so the front section that goes either side of the fuel tank is longer , so I’ll get a longer wheel base but no real change in wheel /tyre space , any ideas what year model swingarm I may have bought
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys thanks for that info , the new one I have is definitely longer by 10/15mm although the wheel well is the same , so the front section that goes either side of the fuel tank is longer , so I’ll get a longer wheel base but no real change in wheel /tyre space , any ideas what year model swingarm I may have bought
Cheers
Rectangle Wood Wall Gas Font

21 - 32 of 32 Posts