Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just brought home a 2003 v-rod.
it was never started or ridden by the original owner.
it revolved above a stage in a restaurant for 20 years in heat and air and off the ground.
a battery has been ordered and we want to bust it off.
but i am sure there is a sequence of events that should happen, before we do.
is there a check list i could reference?
we have started barn find car but we are not scooter folks! especially modern ones.
just want to start it but not ride it.
the original owner said it has factory one mile on it.
it was just dusty!
thanks for your help, jc

·
Registered Insane
Two 2003 VRSCA's: CTHULHU is Black/Sterling, N/A ; EVIL TWIN is Anodized and S/C
1,196 Posts
AWESOME! Yes you should do a few things to get it ready first. You can search other threads. One in particular comes to mind where a brand new Destroyer was discussed recently and comments were made as to what it would need prior to starting. Search on Destroyer and you might come up with it. Good luck on your amazing find! Love the 2003's!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AWESOME! Yes you should do a few things to get it ready first. You can search other threads. One in particular comes to mind where a brand new Destroyer was discussed recently and comments were made as to what it would need prior to starting. Search on Destroyer and you might come up with it. Good luck on your amazing find! Love the 2003's!
thanks for the note. i will look at that discussion.
ck this pic!, it rotated for 20 years!
jc
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Wheel

·
-MIG
Delilah, my '16 Muscle & Fiona, my '14 Triumph Rocket III Touring
161 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
first time start after display for 20 years!
the fluids have been changed, new battery installed, fresh gas to a dry tank, squirt of starter fluid and it busted right off! i mean with within two seconds of the first crank!
but it will not stay running. another squirt and it started but no run. no codes or flashing light.
it has one mile on the clock!
any thoughts?
happy fathers day to all !
jc
Speedometer Light Gauge Odometer Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Wheel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we did and and i busted right off! ran for 3-4 seconds and died. a little spray, ran and died.
we are getting into it this weekend. i don't know much about modern bikes, but learning.
thanks for the tip.
jc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts