Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put on a older style solid rim on a new style bike 2008 to be exact. Will it all fit with a bearing change from 1inch to 25mm? Thx

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Has anyone put on a older style solid rim on a new style bike 2008 to be exact. Will it all fit with a bearing change from 1inch to 25mm? Thx
Not done it, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't as long as you use your own brake discs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mocked it up and for some reason the calipers seem off??

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I mocked it up and for some reason the calipers seem off??
I would check you have the bearings set right, because there should be no reason for that to happen. The wheels are all the same width rotor to rotor. I would guess that when you say off, the distance off on one side is off in the same direction the other side, hence the whole wheel is offset one way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point, I did put new bearings in myself. I will check today and let you know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea what the spacing on each side should be? I cant find it in the service manual

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Any idea what the spacing on each side should be? I cant find it in the service manual
Do you mean the spacing between brg and fork leg? I don't know that dimension. I am assuming you have used the bearings and the inner sleeve listed for your 2008 model and installed the left side bearing first until it bottoms out in the recess. Then the sleeve and right side bearing pressed up the bearing on the left. This should give you the correct distance and centreing to use your axle spacers.
So that would be 9252A left bearing. 9276B right bearing and 41748-08 inner sleeve. I am not 100% sure but I would think the spacing should be correct to use your std axle spacers. The exact reverse of this let me use a later ABS alloy on my 03 using all my stock spacers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx for your help. Ended up machining down the spacer HD gave me from 25mm to 22mm and it all lined up. 22mm is the with of the ABS sensor so I matched the spacer size to it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thx for your help. Ended up machining down the spacer HD gave me from 25mm to 22mm and it all lined up. 22mm is the with of the ABS sensor so I matched the spacer size to it.
Sounds like HD may have given you an incorrect spacer as it should have been the same size as the ABS sensor, but hey it's all working now, that's what's important. Glad you got it sorted. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts