Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test rode a 2003 that the owner had removed the baffles from the mufflers. At mid revs the sound became painful. Bike has a power commander, but I have no clue if it’s set properly or if I’ll keep it.
I would appreciate advise on replacing the mufflers or if it’s possible or wise to install aftermarket baffles. I‘d like a nice rumble, but nothing excessive.
Other than that this was a clean bike with very few miles. Front turn signals were removed, but not a sign of the bike ever being dropped.
Thanks in advance.

·
VRSC est -03
3,095 Posts
Stock exhaust? Picture would hjelp.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
V-Mod use to have a Baffled V-Mod II muffler. But he is long gone and out of business. Haven't seen anything since.
I have a new mint set of OE Virgin Mufflers of interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I run a set of SE with the baffles in on my '03 and it rumbles enough to sound good and even after 2 hours of riding you don't want to stuff your ears full. I would advise

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sorry, Haven't been able to get to my storage yet. I am battling late Stage 4 cancer and with chemo once a week and having bad days for 5 of the days, I wasn't going out in 112+ degree weather To look for them right away. once again sorry.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, Haven't been able to get to my storage yet. I am battling late Stage 4 cancer and with chemo once a week and having bad days for 5 of the days, I wasn't going out in 112+ degree weather To look for them right away. once again sorry.
Understood. My muffler issues can wait. Be well, best of luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts