Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having become a new owner of a 03 Two-tone V-Rod, I had the dealer install a Stage 1 which consisted of:

Race Tuner Kit
Screamin Eagle 16 ga
Screamin Eagle Air Filter
28 tooth sprocket

Attached is the dyno printout the dealer gave me. As I am a novice at this does any one have any comments regarding the improvment of the stage 1 or lack of.

Also I assume that as they had done adyno tune that the ECM was programmed. Is there any way to extract the MAP file from the ECM or do I have to get it from the dealer......I would eventually like to learn more about the race tumer software.

I am really enjoying this forum.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
I have the exact same setup in addition to the topless mod. As the weather didn't cooperate with me last week I wasnt able to get my dyno time in. I won't be able to be "squeezed in" for another three weeks now.

From reading other posts, I was curious as to how much leaner the topless mod would run. It looks like w'ere taking a performance hit from 4000-5500. Maybe a little richer mixture would here.

Any suggestions from the experts?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Actually, it's hard to tell exactly where the drop in torque is since the chart is torque vs. speed!

There's a TON of information on the race tuner in the PDF manual that comes with the race tuner and a lot more here. Only time and a lot of research will answer your questions. As for taking a copy of the map that's in the bike, can't be done. The best you can do is read the ECM to see the part number of the calibration loaded. If the dealer modified the calibration then they should have given you a copy of that file. If they didn't then go back an INSIST they produce it. You'll need that file if you want to clean up the tune that's on your bike. You should be aiming for a torque curve that looks like the one here http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7934&postcount=4.

BTW, there's no such thing as a "stage 1" or stage anything for the V-Rod, there's simply 2 different exhaust / ECM programs, SE Slip Fits and SE 16GA. Stage terminology is a legacy term from the air cooled motors. New motor, new terminology ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was a little mistified about the drop flatness in torque 3000 - 6000 rpm. Would that be a "flat spot"? But the torque does seem to come on early (3,000) remains flat then picks up a final boost just before 6,000.

Wondering if this is a tunning isssue or maybe a pipes issue?

BTW with my limited knowledge a good "power" shift point would be between 6,000 and 7,000 rpm.

MJW930: If i were to get a copy of the file or the part # ( the stock file supplied in the race tuner) is it possible to tune without a dyno?

Thanks fot the great information

1 - 4 of 4 Posts