Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EXCELSIOR
8,387 Posts
The Brembo's use the same mounting points as the early calipers. Any of the non-ABS ones should work. There is a difference in size but someone else will have to say whether they are larger or smaller. I don't think it's more than about 10mm on the diameter though.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
To do it right, you will need new resivoirs, lines, rear master, calipers and rotors. There are a few who have done just the caliper swap and been fine, many miles on thier bikes.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Brembo rotors are a 1/8" larger in diameter so just swapping calipers should work. I put Brembo rotors and calipers on my 2003 with no problem. The Rotors however were attached to a wheel off a 2007 vrscx. I don't believe the Brembo rotors will fit on a 2003 wheel because of bolt pattern differences.

I'm talking about the front only. Don't know about the back wheel. Mounting brackets are different

·
Registered
398 Posts
Is the difference that drastic with the brembo conversion? I can't imagine the stock 03 brakes would not get the job done or am i wrong? Don't mean to hijack.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
my 03 brakes are sketchy at best and the pads are new fluids are fresh and rotors in good working order. Straight up they suck vs most other bikes anything would be an upgrade IMO I hope to get some brembos on my bike soon but theres some shit to do with the rear axle....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Brembo rotors are a 1/8" larger in diameter so just swapping calipers should work. I put Brembo rotors and calipers on my 2003 with no problem. The Rotors however were attached to a wheel off a 2007 vrscx. I don't believe the Brembo rotors will fit on a 2003 wheel because of bolt pattern differences.

I'm talking about the front only. Don't know about the back wheel. Mounting brackets are different
the spoked wheels are the only factory PreABS Vrod wheels that have a different bolt/mounting setup and the R front caliper brackets because of the inverted shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts