Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am Ronald from Holland and new here.
My v rod 2003 has screamin eagle exhaust. I want more sound. Hard to find exhaust with 2 pipes. The dealer wil install 4 “ slip on mufflers from “ Freedom “. It says for v rod 2007 and up. Does anyone know if they ll fit and how the sound is ?

·
VRSC est -03
3,095 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc!
What ever you do take well care of those SE mufflers, worth gold if unmolested.
Link sound:

Reactions: Ronaldfromholland

·
EXCELSIOR
8,555 Posts
They will fit the outlet spigots of the center volume, there are differences though in how later mufflers are supported as compared to the early models.
Your 2003 the two mufflers bolt together and there is a frame mounted bracket that supports the unit attached to the frame behind the lower muffler.
Later models and the Street Rod model in the video above the muffler assembly was hung from the frame mounted passenger peg support and a different lower mount than yours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will fit the outlet spigots of the center volume, there are differences though in how later mufflers are supported as compared to the early models.
Your 2003 the two mufflers bolt together and there is a frame mounted bracket that supports the unit attached to the frame behind the lower muffler.
Later models and the Street Rod model in the video above the muffler assembly was hung from the frame mounted passenger peg support and a different lower mount than yours.
Thank you. That’s what I also thought. But the dealer said maybe they can fix it. Do you think it’s possible with a selfmade bracket ?

·
EXCELSIOR
8,555 Posts
I just went to the Freedom Performance web page and they no longer list models for V-rod. I was going to see if they had an online installation guide.
They do list 4" and 4.5" slip ons but the items pictured have mounting attachments for HD baggers. A hanger bracket to attach to the upper shock mount or some other rigid point would need to be fabricated to support the weight. The spigot clamps alone over time would not be enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts