Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps I’m in New Zealand and need a used or new Oil Cooler for my 02 Vrod dealerships will only sell complete as a kit with radiator etc which I do not need just after Oil Cooler only any help appreciated

·
Passion required.
269 Posts
Here is an inexpensive alternative. I use this in the hot Summers here, and remove it in the Winter. I bought it on eBay several years ago. I fits very snug over most standard Harley oil filters. It can be a bit tricky to install; the opening has to be in the right place to push it on. I put a light coat of grease inside to add heat conductivity, and make it easier to remove. I think it probably only helps cool by a few degrees.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,554 Posts
Do you need to replace it because of a leak? Keep a watch on ebay. Even if you have to pay duties it'll still be cheaper than buying from HD.

·
Passion required.
269 Posts
Leak? No, these are totally reusable. Find them under "oil filter heat sink". They run $20 - $30US. One other advantage is they protect from rock dings. Note: Mine works fine with the limited clearance on the VR. The ones with the higher fins may not fit. In my short search, I did not see any like mine.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,554 Posts
Also just saw on the one of the FB V-Rod pages that Fitzgerald Motorsports is now offering new replacement oil coolers that will fit all model years for $275
The early years require addition of fittings.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
To use one of the Fitzgerald coolers on a 2002 you would need to fabricate small brackets to mount it to the rad, change the cooler pipes for the later ones and the pipe fittings in the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts