Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 V-rod. There is a 2002 service manual (printed, still in plastic wrap) on ebay for $25 bucks.

Will I be missing anything unique to the 2003 if I bought this?

I know 2003 is 2003 and 2002 is 2002, but for $25 bucks.....

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I don't recall any SIGNIFICANT differences off the top of my head.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Welcome Ceasar! :welcome:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I used the "CD Version" of the 2003 catalog for every repair I have done over the past 3 years on my 2002 without any problem, I just got a Paper version of the 2002 catalog for $25 of ebay though because the printing pages etc.. was tiresome.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
That one isn't a $25.00 buy it now, it is an auction and that price could go up not to mention they want $10 to ship it when media mail is only about $3 to ship it anyplace in the US.

When I searched for it I couldn't believe the number of people selling the bogus cd copy on ebay. You would think that at least one of them would take the time to make a copy of a different year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Texas. Yes, I am new here, I guess I could have started with a howdy instead of just gettin' down to business. I recently purchased my 2003 and I have found this forum incredibly helpful. I plan to put a 200 Metz on the rear (gotta burn through these Dunlops first though) and am trying to decide what to do with the tail lights and plastic license plate holder.
I'm giving myself some time to get used to the bike before I jump in to something.

I saw the CD versions of the service manual and thought about it, but I'd rather have the hard copy and I kind of hate to encourage that sort of piracy anyway.

What is media mail?

thanks for the help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARL...010QQitemZ200148974507QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Media mail is the post office rate for sending books through the mail. Its a bit slower, but it will get there.

Enjoy the bike.

RJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts