Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for part # 75122-01. This is a sending unit for a 2002. I would even buy a used one if no buddy has a new one.

Thanks
Richard

·
Premium Member
11,358 Posts
One post is probably all you need. You are going to have a tough time finding one of those. There were no after market equivalent so people hung on to theirs. There was a factory recall for a Fuel Flange failure which replaced the top portion but that was years ago.
'
What's wrong with yours that you need a complete replacement?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have cleaned it several times and would like to try working on one with out ruining the one I have. I talked to a person that said he could fix one if I had another for him to work with.

·
Premium Member
11,358 Posts
But what's wrong with yours? Maybe we can help w/o getting another one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It quit working now and cleaning does not help. If I had another one I would send it out to be rebuilt. I found a place that will rebuild one.

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
23 Posts
UPDATE

I found a place that rebuilds the Vrod Fuel Sending Unit by getting rid of the electro plated sensor bar that always fails and replacing same with a more traditional float system. Did a great job for me. Was WAY cheaper than replacing the unit - if you are lucky enough to find a used one (forget about finding a new one).

Pulled my existing fuel sending unit (not that hard to do)...shipped.it to them and a couple weeks later I had it back.....WORKING!!!!

And now I have a working fuel gauge!! 😃

Contact Dan at TriStar:

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
23 Posts
Those instructions are probably quite similar to what TriStar did on my rebuild. Looks a bit different than mine but similar concept.

If you got the skills...go for it. For glad I found someone to do it for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts