Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a long story.....................the short version I was trying to help two friends out. One buddy was in a bind financially and wanted to sell his 2002 RK Classic. I have another friend that wanted to buy it but did not have the cash for a couple of months. The dumb ass that I am thought no problem, I can help both my friends out. I bought the bike and gave it to my other buddy with a verbal agreement that he would pay me in two months....................well seven months later I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. The bike was only ridden two times since last November and still in great condition.

2002 RK Classic, 8,000 miles, brand new tires (I had them put on before turning it over to my buddy $550), beach bars, rider and passenger back rests, tour pack (used once by previous owner). I paid $13,500 for the whole package and would like to get that much back.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice looking bike, good luck selling it. Too bad the others left you hanging.....! Sometimes friends don't treat you like a friend when it comes a bussiness deal like this.

I am sure someone here knows someone looking for a Roadking. I know I'll check around work.

·
Ted
1,631 Posts
That sucks Steve. Almost ended up with a Ultra a while back. The RK fasination has faded for Connie and I. Good luck with the sale. Beautiful bike and sounds like a good deal.

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
I wish this would have been on here before I went all the way to Texas for a RK! Good luck with the sale.

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jetgod said:
I wish this would have been on here before I went all the way to Texas for a RK! Good luck with the sale.
Always seems to work out that way..........Thanks for looking anyway.

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from picking the bike up and it still looks great. I was wrong with one item in my original post. It does not have 8,000 miles it only has 7,860 miles.

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
I can't believe you havent sold that - wanna trade the V? That is one nice Road King! Wish I had the funds!

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
violet said:
I can't believe you havent sold that - wanna trade the V? That is one nice Road King! Wish I had the funds!
V.........trade the RK for your V? I already have one that I can't stop spending money on, I don't need another. I think I am going to wait for Smoothrod to finish his buell custom that he is building for his wife (that she does not like) and hopefully he will trade that for a geezer glide. He is getting older ya know. (Sorry Lonnie..............just busting your ball$$$$$$$$$)

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
Yeah, but MINE is a B model- you got one of those??:stilpoke: I like the idea of having a Road King. I know I would miss the V and its agility - but not on the long rides.........

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
violet said:
Yeah, but MINE is a B model- you got one of those??:stilpoke: I like the idea of having a Road King. I know I would miss the V and its agility - but not on the long rides.........
Hey Violet, just get something for the longer rides, you would miss the V too much to go without.

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
lestat101 said:
Nice looking bike, good luck selling it. Too bad the others left you hanging.....! Sometimes friends don't treat you like a friend when it comes a bussiness deal like this.

I am sure someone here knows someone looking for a Roadking. I know I'll check around work.
:them: Good luck.

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
firemedic said:
Hey Violet, just get something for the longer rides, you would miss the V too much to go without.
TRUE TRUE TRUE! I hope someday I can have TWO Bikes!! (and actually afford it!)

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
SlammedV said:
V.........trade the RK for your V? I already have one that I can't stop spending money on, I don't need another. I think I am going to wait for Smoothrod to finish his buell custom that he is building for his wife (that she does not like) and hopefully he will trade that for a geezer glide. He is getting older ya know. (Sorry Lonnie..............just busting your ball$$$$$$$$$)

Damn can I at least finish it before she hates it? :)

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
violet said:
Do you still have your Indian?

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
nope had to sell it - kinda miss it though. It sure was pretty!

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
SlammedV said:
Damn! I might have traded for that.
DAMN is right! I would have definately traded! Oh well............lets see ..what else do I have? Oh yeah, my daughter's 1993 SAAB 900?? :hidesbeh:

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
violet said:
DAMN is right! I would have definately traded! Oh well............lets see ..what else do I have? Oh yeah, my daughter's 1993 SAAB 900?? :hidesbeh:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Wait, let me think for a second........:spit: :spit: :spit:

·
Registered
72 Posts
This may sound realy stupid but if I dont ask I might regret it, Would you be willing to ship the bike to NJ & what do you think it would cost. My father in law has been looking for a road king and this price is right around what he was thinking of spending.

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
SlammedV said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Wait, let me think for a second........:spit: :spit: :spit:
It took you a whole second to think about that one?? I almost had a chance!

Yeah, the Indian was sweet - black and red two toned, perfect condition with only 6000 miles on it. Lucky jerk that bought it only paid me $11,000. I couldn't believe how hard it was to sell at the time. If I hadn't needed the money I would have kept it. Oh well....in time...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts