Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, I have an 02 that my wife and I ride and i need to make some extra room for her long legs. I did a search on here and I found things for the newer models but I did not see anything that was 02 specific. I also found the kit that puts the pegs down to the rear swing arm pivot bolt but this will not work because of the exhaust i have. So does anyone out there have something or know of something that I can make or buy?

thanks for your help!

·
Check that P clamp!
686 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
MrSpeed636 said:
Whats up guys, I have an 02 that my wife and I ride and i need to make some extra room for her long legs. I did a search on here and I found things for the newer models but I did not see anything that was 02 specific. I also found the kit that puts the pegs down to the rear swing arm pivot bolt but this will not work because of the exhaust i have. So does anyone out there have something or know of something that I can make or buy?

thanks for your help!

As far as I know other then changing to the foot boards or something the 02 offers as much leg room as any of the vrsc models made.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Max said:
As far as I know other then changing to the foot boards or something the 02 offers as much leg room as any of the vrsc models made.
Max is right. You can change your exhaust and then use the pivot bolt mount.

The Kuryakan racheting setup has been used by dedicated tourers, but they don't have any visual appeal to me.

RJ

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys! So the Kuryakan basically mounts to the existing mounts and extends down and you then mount the peg to that right?

sorry if i sound dumb, i just want to make sure i understand how these things work.

·
Check that P clamp!
686 Posts
MrSpeed636 said:
Thanks for the advice guys! So the Kuryakan basically mounts to the existing mounts and extends down and you then mount the peg to that right?

sorry if i sound dumb, i just want to make sure i understand how these things work.
Yes, they mount in-between your existing peg and mount.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
MrSpeed636 said:

Yes, the Küryakyn 4545 (http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3343) are replacement mounts (you refit your pegs to these) specifically made for '02 to '06 VRSC except D and R models that move the pegs 1¼" forward.

The Küryakyn 4556 (http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3595) have also been used by some. They fit in between your pegs and existing mount like "rattletrap" mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts