Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not having a 2002 book...... Does any one know if the engine cases are the same for a 2002 vrsc and the 2003. Thanks

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I cannot imagine they are any different....but the book is not going to confirm that.
Of course the books would. If the part numbers are the same between the years; then the parts are the same.

If they are the same except for a letter at the end, it means there was a change, but they are still interchangable.

Once the part numbers convert to the new system, you won't be able to see this, but it still works for earlier bikes.

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
They are the same internally, although externally I believe the 03's have a small anniversary badge somewhere on them.

At some point, maybe 08 or 09, they removed the TDC pin hole and the cases on the muscle have the oil dipstick in a different location. Those are the only differences in cases I'm aware of.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Not having a 2002 book...... Does any one know if the engine cases are the same for a 2002 vrsc and the 2003. Thanks
As Will said, mechanically they are the same and interchangable. They will have a different part number because of the 100th Anniversary badge on the side. 04 is the same inside also but uses a different front mount location which can still be used in 02-03 frame by using 04 front tie-bar mount.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
I meant the 2002 book alone would tell the OP nothing. When they printed the 2002 book, they did not yet know what they would build in 2003....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts