Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in one of the threads that a 200 tire can be put on the stock rear wheel. It was in reference to a bike that had the "dog's ass" removed. Will a 200 fit OK if the "dog's ass" is still in place? What brands/models of 200's have people used?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I use the metzler 200 and had no problem at all. I did have to make a small cut in the chrome lower belt guard. We have one member that is a rather large boy and he had to remove some of the inner lip on the inside of the rear sub fender but he weighs in at just over 300 pounds.

Here is a pic of mine with the 200

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Yep, the 200 will fit like Max says (I too have the 200)...however, WHY would you want to keep the dog's ass :confused:
Just my :2cents

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Craig that picture was taken last winter, here is a current photo of my tail section.

I have been all over the site this morning and posted this to the wrong thread the first time. LOL

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Hey Max, I knew you had yours removed (have seen other pics since), my comment was in response to AKvrod's question.

Thanks for the pic though...proves my point (at least in my mind lol)...why would you keep the dog's ass. The bike looks so much cleaner without! :)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Frank those are stock pegs, they drag the ground so much I can't bring myself to spend money on expensive ones only to grind down on the pavement. :)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Looks very nice Craig. I see you went the full DrHeathenScum route on the lights.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Thanks Max. IMO Joe's lights are second to none! I even have the fronts and licence plate light!

When she's all done she should look pretty good.

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fehrc said:
Yep, the 200 will fit like Max says (I too have the 200)...however, WHY would you want to keep the dog's ass :confused:
Just my :2cents
Well, I don't but I don't personally care for the plate mounted on the side with the turn signals relocated. I don't really mind the piece itself, I just wish it was chromed metal with chrome turn signals. I heard there are a couple of people working on alternatives to the plastic dog's ass, so hopefully I'll find one I like soon.

Thanks for the info on the 200 guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also hope there will be a chrome/polished replacement to the dogs a$$. I like where everything is. Removing much of that area leaves the v looking like my CR125 in the rear. :2cents

w.

·
Registered
974 Posts
AKvrod said:
Well, I don't but I don't personally care for the plate mounted on the side with the turn signals relocated. I don't really mind the piece itself, I just wish it was chromed metal with chrome turn signals. I heard there are a couple of people working on alternatives to the plastic dog's ass, so hopefully I'll find one I like soon.

I would like to see someone adapt the Softail Duece rear to the VRSC. That would be better than what we have.........IMHO
BobT

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
The Rizoma turn signal relocator is about as close to the Deuce configuration as I have seen.

I like this configuration and did something similar - did not use the Rizoma relocator cuz it messed up my upper shock covers I bought from Mark Talmer (have Progressive 440s). I simply bolted mine to the inner fender. A pic of my bike is further up in this thread. It's hard to tell cuz the seat and shocks are off but it gives you an idea.

Craig

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
My bike is kinda ripped apart right now and it's still quite far from complete. I can take some more pics tomorrow when I go to where I'm working on it, however they won't be the best.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I put some of the bike back together and here are a few pics of my setup.

As you can see I mounted the signal lights to the inner fender. Again, the reason I chose this is because I liked the covers I have for the upper shock bolt and didn't want to lose them or hack them up. I think mounting them to the inner fender actually worked out better in the end. It totally hides all the wiring.

Speaking of wiring, I used surgical hose to completely cover the nut so no water would get into the turn signal. I then ran the wires (covered with the hose) to behind the gas tank. From there I connected them to a y harness that the good Doc made for me. All in all, it worked out quite well and everything is hidden quite nicely.

One last thing, when I was doing all this I totally removed the fender struts. Don't plan on using the bags and therefore don't need them.

Craig

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts