Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i need a little help,i have an 03 vrod and brought it in to put on a 200 metzler instead of the 180 dunlop. it seems that many of you have already done this but here is my question. at the harley shop here in vegas they say it will not fit. they mounted the tire but sat the fender bracket underneath is still in the way. i assumed they could just grind it down but the tech at harley says it is not something that could or should be ground down. any help i can pass on to them would be great as i would like to keep the 200. if not then i will have one up here for sale as they want to charge me a 20% restock fee and i would rather pass it on to someone else as i only paid $200.00 for the tire. thanks for any input. jeff

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
elheffy said:
hey everyone, i need a little help,i have an 03 vrod and brought it in to put on a 200 metzler instead of the 180 dunlop. it seems that many of you have already done this but here is my question. at the harley shop here in vegas they say it will not fit. they mounted the tire but sat the fender bracket underneath is still in the way. i assumed they could just grind it down but the tech at harley says it is not something that could or should be ground down. any help i can pass on to them would be great as i would like to keep the 200. if not then i will have one up here for sale as they want to charge me a 20% restock fee and i would rather pass it on to someone else as i only paid $200.00 for the tire. thanks for any input. jeff
Send a PM to CaptClose (Ryan) - he has a 200 Metz on his bike.

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
Some have trimmed the struts and others have trimed the belt guard. The HD dealer might not do it for you but you should be able to find someone who could hook you up.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Yes the brackets can be ground down for clearance without any issues to the structure, unless you run the saddlebags. There is a thread on here somewhere with pictures of the mod to accomodate the 200.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do run bags now, but even with them removed they say no fit. it is not lowered, stock solid wheels and now a ricks tank!! yahoo. so i can go ahead and tell them to grind it down with no worries?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts