Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, Does Anyone One Have A Pic Of A 200 Metz On There Bike.buying New Tires In The Morning Would Like To See If There Is Really A Noticeable Difference In Looks, Thanks Bdvrod.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Installed tonight, damm upper and lower chrome belt guards rub, but not the saddle bags should i dremmel them is that the best way to correct it.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Check the right side saddle bag bracket thats the one that rubs and will cut your tire...Don't ask me how I know..:)... If your not running bags just take the brackets off. Some times the lower guard needs to be trimmed, I had no problem with the upper.

Good luck Greg

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
saddle brackets have clearance both sides just the guards are hitting i do have hard bags.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
should i try it myself or have a dealer do it might even sell the bags i have a sissiy bar bag works just as well allmost more room in them

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
Do it yourself. Many people just remove them...but that wasn't an option for me since I need the saddlebags often.
Take the bike brackets off (whole rear fender/ mud flap need removal) and grind the horizontal lips off...I used a bench grinder, and repainted afterwards. It may seem that the tire clears them now but they will end up rubbing...that's what happened in my case. I also chamferred the front replacement bolts that hang down to accept the bag brackets. I cut a channel out of the lower gaurd using a grinder by just following the tire rub mark after a ride around the block with them installed. My upper gaurd didn't need any cutting. You cannot see the cuts once installed.
And by the way, the work is worth it since the extra width looks much better...and I liked the change in handling.

·
Registered
73 Posts
bd let us now how much you cut the lower. I have 200 metz and just bought upper/lower chrome and tried it on it seems like only a small portion needs to be cut. If you don't mind take a pic of the cut lower guard so we can see how deep you cut it. Are you going to take off the back side plastic part off the chrome lower guard when you cut it? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Install complete looks great,love the wide look took about 2 hours but complete thanks all for your help bdvrod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts