Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my HD dealership and they said they would not put any tire on unless it was a Dunlop. Anyone run into this problem. I was wanting to put the 200 metz on but they wont do it... Just wandering if this is just my local dealership or if all dealerships say this.
Thanks

·
2,552 Posts
Azslightdraw said:
I called my HD dealership and they said they would not put any tire on unless it was a Dunlop. Anyone run into this problem. I was wanting to put the 200 metz on but they wont do it... Just wandering if this is just my local dealership or if all dealerships say this.
Thanks
That is the first time I have heard of this. Looks like it is time to go to another Stealership.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Unfortunately, it's your dealership. :chair There are several dealers that will help customize your bike.

My advice, call around to other dealers or local independent m/c shops. I'm sure that you will find someone to do it for you! :2cents

-Bry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Azslightdraw,

They probably have too many Dunlops in stock.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input i will look for a different shop/dealership

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL... hippo888 thats what i kind of figured

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I had the same answer.I fired the dealer I was using and had the 200 metz installed today at another dealer.They made me sign a disclaimer.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
Hogwash....I bought my Metz from Steve and took the tire and wheel into my local HD dealer. They put it on no problem with no disclaimer.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
What are they asking your to "disclaim"? All I can figure is the lack of a "Z" rating. If it's anything else then it's :bs:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
That if the tire was damaged from interference,the dealer was not responsable.I really did'nt find a problem with this.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Oh, I guess we have become a country of lawsuits. I never considered that if I told them to put on the tire and it rubbed because it's bigger than the stock tire that the dealer would have any liability! I suppose taking responsibility for your own actions is a novel concept these days ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts